Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys(&girls). I finally got to ride my baby tonight. Today was payday, so I bought my gear and my insurance. Waited to be geared up and legit. I had a blast. I rode 109 miles so I think the tires are close to broken in. I'm exhausted though cause I'm not used to being in the sun with a jacket on, mesh or not. lol. Everything was cool though. I felt the comradery with the other bikers except for a few cruiser who didn't wave back, or even first for that matter. All in all it was a blast. I still have that huge newbie smile. Ear to ear. :toothy12:

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Alright guys(&girls). I finally got to ride my baby tonight. Today was payday, so I bought my gear and my insurance. Waited to be geared up and legit. I had a blast. I rode 109 miles so I think the tires are close to broken in. I'm exhausted though cause I'm not used to being in the sun with a jacket on, mesh or not. lol. Everything was cool though. I felt the comradery with the other bikers except for a few cruiser who didn't wave back, or even first for that matter. All in all it was a blast. I still have that huge newbie smile. Ear to ear. :toothy12:
Keep it up man, good luck :wave:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!! Hope you have many more days like this in your future!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
BTW,, with a CBR that Newbie smile never goes away,,, ever!! trust me I love my bike more everyday,, If I am not riding it, i am thinking about riding it

·
Registered
659 Posts
As everyone else says...congrats! I've had that newbie smile since day 1 haha. I love riding my rr, and if i want to keep riding it with that smile i try and ride as smart as i can. Glad you're on the right track getting all you need to. All my friends bag on me too for having leather jacket and knee armor when riding, but hey....it makes me feel a bit more at ease knowing that in the event somethign might happen.....i'll be a bit more protected that the average squid.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yah I remembered when my bike was sitting in my garage waiting on gear and insurance. I had a helmet just didn't want to risk it lol. Keep on having fun!

·
Registered
475 Posts
\I still have that huge newbie smile. Ear to ear. :toothy12:

Been riding for almost 3 years and i still get that smile everyday when i get on my bike

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
how many times you stall it at a light?

·
Registered
240 Posts
^^^doesn't matter b/c once you get it going again, the newbie smile just gets bigger and a chuckle comes out of you haha.

congrats!

·
Registered
179 Posts
i hear ya on it being worth the wait. I was in a similar situation. Purchased the bike, had to wait two weeks to take MSF course and then got my gear and started riding. I have put over 1500 miles on the bike and I have had the bike a little over two months now.
Congrats!!

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Been riding for almost 3 years and i still get that smile everyday when i get on my bike
Agreed, my ECU crapped out on me so I'm waiting for the replacement to come in. Scheduled to be here tomorrow, and I am going insane knowing that I can't ride till it comes in. One week without being able to ride has made me realize how much I REALLY love riding. :five:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Agreed, my ECU crapped out on me so I'm waiting for the replacement to come in. Scheduled to be here tomorrow, and I am going insane knowing that I can't ride till it comes in. One week without being able to ride has made me realize how much I REALLY love riding. :five:

Im waiting on a new pulsing cover to come in for my kawi so i cant even turm my bike on until the 24th but i look at it everyday for like 5 mins lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts