Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My license plate light doesnt work for my competition werks fender eliminator and I was wondering if they would stop me for that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Depends on where you are located and the cop thats behind you. I don't have any lights on my plate and the cops don't mess with me about it. But a lot of other riders on this forum get messed with. Especialy out in CA.

Brent

·
Registered
587 Posts
They could but it depends on the cop.....I got pulled for that in my truck and when the cop drove off(after giving me a ticket) i saw that his tag lights were out......took a pic of it and took the tix to court ...the judge laughed that ticket right into the trash can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i've been riding with no turn signals, one mirror and no plate light since december and have never had a problem. It all really depends on the cop and the area though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
that's grounds for a legal stop anyways plus u wont pass inspections. its considered defective equipment & depending on the cop, here in MA it's a $35 fine but usually let u off with a warning

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you live in the california, the plate location aone will get you pulled over.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
well they would only be able to tell if it was at night, so just don't let any cops follow you at night.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't have signals, license plate light as if u can even really c the damn thing, its basically comes down to the situation. Cops will do crack downs if a spot has been abused by bikers for examples stuntin down pch...lol next day or week cops will crack down also not havin ur bike perfectly stock just gives the cop an easier excuse to pull u over and c if u have been drinkin if the bikes registered or stolen if u have insurance. Just do what i do run!!! no no thats a bad idea :) but it works!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i live in NC, i havent really had any experience with the cops but i havent been riding that long. is anyone else here from NC and what are your experiences with cops

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yes, u can get pulled over for the compworks fender elim be itself. It's not at the most reat of ur bike which by law it has to be. And also in plain view. U get any distance behind it your rear tire blocks the plate.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
yeah i didn't have all of last season and didn't have any problems when i rode @ night but i tried to ride @ night as little as possible too.

But now with tripage's FE i don't have to worry about that becuz it lights up my whole back end!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
They'd pull me over in the suburb I live in, but not in the main city. Just depends on the cop and where you are I suppose. The Minneapolis police generally have better things to do.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts