Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in sort of a dilemma. I currently have an 04 cbr 600. I am looking to get a newer cbr something between a 07-10 (not new but very low miles) BUT I am considering getting a 1k. I don't do tracks or stunt. Most of my miles are racked up on highways. So someone please talk me out of getting a 1k although I do feel that if I'm going to get a newer bike might as well spend that extra $$ and get a 1k. Money isn't really an issue (not that I'm loaded by ANY means) worse comes to worse I can sell the 1k and just get a 600 right???

sorry for the long post. Just need some thoughts.:cruising:

D

·
0 Posts
Why do you think you need a 1000cc bike?
What will the extra 50+HP do for you on the street?
Why do you even need a new bike if yours gets you from point A to point B?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Personally I love my '07 600. I have heard from friends who ride liter bikes that it is nice on the highways to have the low end torque and that you dont have to shift as much. But shifting never bothered my and I love the sound my bike when it revs up. Other than that I dont know why you would want a 1k. Personally, I say stick with the 600.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ifu only ride the highway go ahead and get a 1000rr, pay more for insurance....slower turning speeds but ur only on the highway so who cares? Why not get a sport-tourer? It would be much better for ur riding style unless u just have a sportbike for the "look" of it..

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just sold my 06 1krr to get an 08 600rr. I loved the 1000, but I'm starting to do more track days and it was just too much for me on the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts