Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a red light today (in neutral) and had a problem getting it into first when the light turned green. i stepped on the shift lever three times before having to literally stomp it to get it in gear. any idea what might be causing this? thanks.

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
i believe that is normal. just try rolling the bike forward a little next time you go to shift into first. that should ease it up a little bit and fall right in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just let go of the clutch and pull it back in. It should shift then. No need of rolling. Also try not to shift into neutral if it is not a really long red , keeping in 1st will make you more ready to move if you see someone coming up behind you and not ready to stop.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Next time pump the clutch lever two or three times and it will just click right into gear.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
NO NO NO NO!!!...don't do thaaaaat!

all you's gotta do is play w/ the clutch a bit...usually right around the friction zone.

sometimes the bike needs a bit of power (or momentum) to shift into 1st.

DON'T KICK IT DUMBASS!!!! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
+1 on pull clutch in and let out

·
Registered
408 Posts
of course pull the clutch back in

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
sandpa said:
Also try not to shift into neutral if it is not a really long red , keeping in 1st will make you more ready to move if you see someone coming up behind you and not ready to stop.
+1 .....ride safe mang!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts