Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is buying a 1000rr but doesnt want to pay them 400 bucks to bolt on a windshield and put 15 bucks worth of fluid in it...he asked them if he could just have the crate, unassembled and they told him "no" and that he has to pay the setup fee because Honda requires it. I told him to walk and find another dealer...is this a policy that honda has, or is the dealership just being an ass??

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a friend that is a manager at the local honda yamaha dealer and they are required by honda to assemble it, they don't want any one to sue them. They say it is a liability because of the oil.

H

·
0 Posts
i think that your buddy might have to pay the fee... or negociate to have the fee waved...

·
Registered
513 Posts
he can have the crate , after the bike is out of it and built . there's more to it than installing the windshield . look around as not all dealers charge for set-up .

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Any way he could get it strait from Honda, not through a dealer? I've never even considered something like that. Would that be possible?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
thedude said:
Any way he could get it strait from Honda, not through a dealer? I've never even considered something like that. Would that be possible?
No, like said before, it is a liability.
You should not have to pay the set up though. Just offer a specific amount, if they say no, walk and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If a dealer does not put the bike together then there is no warrenty. Like if it was a race bike.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
thedude said:
...with a dealer's lisence...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the crate from my 1k. The dealer (at least mine) throws them out. Another good point, this is how to get a crate to ship a bike in, go to the dealer and ask for one.

R

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
thedude said:
Nope, as Med said, you have to be a dealer and they obviously put on a mark up above what they bought the bike for from Honda. If the manufacturer sold directly to the public, the dealers would never be able to compete price wise.

Nowwith that being said, American Honda is in Torrance California and Honda Canada is in Toronto, so it's not like the entire country (U.S. or Canada) could directly access the manufacturer even if they did sell to the public.

Regarding buying the bike in the crate, I agree that it's most likely a liability thing as we all know, the bike does not arrive completely assembled. If a dealer was to sell a crated bike and an accident was to occur that was later attributed to improper assembly, they'd be big time toast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts