Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
These are for aftermarket clip-on tubes. Like Woodcraft, Renthal, etc...
Dude, they will fit almost any clip-on including the stock ones. I have a set for my bike in the aluminium red and they look awesome and fit great. The rubber part is to replace the weight inside the handlebars but you can leave the stock weights in if you want.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Dude, they will fit almost any clip-on including the stock ones. I have a set for my bike in the aluminium red and they look awesome and fit great. The rubber part is to replace the weight inside the handlebars but you can leave the stock weights in if you want.
The weight is the actual barend itself. The rubber part is just a hose that compresses when you tighten the bolt, expanding it inside the tube creating a seal. As far as fitment I don't know personally but from what I saw it didn't look like the OEM barends that have the half moon shape on the inside so I just assumed you couldn't just take off the the hose part and swap it on. But if you say its fits then I guess the OP can try it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The weight is the actual barend itself. The rubber part is just a hose that compresses when you tighten the bolt, expanding it inside the tube creating a seal. As far as fitment I don't know personally but from what I saw it didn't look like the OEM barends that have the half moon shape on the inside so I just assumed you couldn't just take off the the hose part and swap it on. But if you say its fits then I guess the OP can try it.
I was being brief but yes you are correct, the rubber part is not the actual weight lol. However, inside the rubber and on either end there is a good chunk of metal and it weighs a lot more that I thought it would. As far as fitting goes, you can either push the OEM weight in farther and keep it for more weight or pull it out. Once the rubber part is compressed by tightening the bolt it expands and fits very snug. Installed a set of these on my 07' about 1 month ago and they are great IMO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yes they would fit if you pushed the weight further into the bar or pulled it out but they should fit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts