Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be willing to trade (no cash involved) a 2005 600RR with 1k miles for a 2004 1000RR with 12k miles? Assume both are in perfect condition.

Mods to the 600RR
-led turn signals
-520 conversion
-speedo healer

Mods to the 1000RR
-double bubble windscreen

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This question really depends on the rider's skills and ability to use all the power. For me, I will say no. I'm having a hard time using all the power on my r6, but why would I get a bike that has 12K mileage and one year older bike? There are many people who goes to track, even they say that you can't use full potential of 600's, unless you are AMA rider or something.. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah it really depends on skills... I made the transition over to the 1000cc zx-10r... but I've been riding for a long time... and it was really fast the first 2 weeks but after coming back from the track 2 days... I can ride the 1000cc... really well..

Why would someone wanna trade a 1000cc for 600cc... is something wrong with the 1000cc??? Just save up and get a 1000cc... Why??...

Well I gave my wife the 2006 CBR600rr and I bought the 2007 Zx-10r... and now all I do is dream about riding the CBR600rr because it corners sooooo crazy better than the zx-10r.. yeah the 1000cc is fast.. I mean really fast.... but you don't use all that power and guess what... I can't really shift pass 5-6k RPM on the 1000cc otherwise I be breakin speed limit... 600cc you can smash and not worry about breaking speedlimit as the 1000cc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
depends on were u ride, who u ride with, and how bad u want a bigger bike. me i would think bout it jus cuz i really want a bigger bike

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
naw, with them miles he'd have to bring some cash, thats only 4k away form valvel adjustments and stuff.

with about $2k cash id prolly do it.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
naw, with them miles he'd have to bring some cash, thats only 4k away form valvel adjustments and stuff.

with about $2k cash id prolly do it.
tho everyone is saying no, id have to go with what snik said, but thats only if you really want a 1000.

·
Registered
321 Posts
HELLO NO.......never in a million years

1 - 20 of 34 Posts