Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hmmmm, interested to see how this will line up with the '07-'08.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
False, '09+ slips on do not fit onto '07-'08. So I am guessing they changed the size of the headers/cat.

My friend had a yoshi system on his '09 and we tried installing it onto my '07 but it didn't slip onto the header. I think the '07-'08 made their pipes a tad bit bigger/thicker.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
or be able to run race gas is what i was thinking
You don't need headers for race gas. You only need a fuel management sytem and a dyno.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
False, '09+ slips on do not fit onto '07-'08. So I am guessing they changed the size of the headers/cat.

My friend had a yoshi system on his '09 and we tried installing it onto my '07 but it didn't slip onto the header. I think the '07-'08 made their pipes a tad bit bigger/thicker.
lol then explain how I was able to fit 09 arrow headers into the 09 motor the akro 07-08 slip on fit perfect to the 09 arrow headers
and yes my bike is different
its an 08 with an 09 motor
08 wiring harness bla bla bla

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You don't need headers for race gas. You only need a fuel management sytem and a dyno.
yeah but I heard if you try and run race gas through the stock exhaust system you run the risk of burning up the cat

and anybody who try's to run race gas without being tuned for it gets what they deserve lol

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have no idea, but that's what happened to us. What else gave it away was the fact that vendors had 2 different parts # for the 07-08 and 09+. My friend and I were wondering why and we figured it out after a few trial and error.

But hey if you got it to work, then you got it to work.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I think it depends on what parts you mix/match to put it together. I'm sure their are fitment issues between vendors.

I've always been told not to run race gas with a cat as well. But mainly because the lead will plug it up.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
yeah but I heard if you try and run race gas through the stock exhaust system you run the risk of burning up the cat

and anybody who try's to run race gas without being tuned for it gets what they deserve lol
Only leaded race fuel will harm a catalytic converter. Most race fuels up to 105 octane are unleaded. The pump will always indicate whether or not the fuel is leaded.

I've been running Sunoco 260 GT Plus (104 octane) for over 2 years on stock headers with zero issues.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only leaded race fuel will harm a catalytic converter. Most race fuels up to 105 octane are unleaded. The pump will always indicate whether or not the fuel is leaded.

I've been running Sunoco 260 GT Plus (104 octane) for over 2 years on stock headers with zero issues.
got cha
been running VP u4.4 :banger:

·
Registered
295 Posts
lol then explain how I was able to fit 09 arrow headers into the 09 motor the akro 07-08 slip on fit perfect to the 09 arrow headers
and yes my bike is different
its an 08 with an 09 motor
08 wiring harness bla bla bla
...You realize what you just said right?

"09 HEADERS ON A 09 MOTOR" No ******* **** it works!

Arrow headers fit just about every after market slip on... So what you've done is nothing special.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
...You realize what you just said right?

"09 HEADERS ON A 09 MOTOR" No ******* **** it works!

Arrow headers fit just about every after market slip on... So what you've done is nothing special.
he also said that he used a 07-08 slip on

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'm aware but considering its Arrow headers, it should still fit regardless of changed in the hook up at the motor.

My tits are quite calm, thank you very much.
I think the point of his post was to point out that on his bike the 07-08 slip on hooked up to the 09 headers. The part about the headers hooking up to the engine was just extra info.

Previously someone questioned whether the 07-08 slip on Pipe diameter was the same as the 09 header diameter.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I think the point of his post was to point out that on his bike the 07-08 slip on hooked up to the 09 headers. The part about the headers hooking up to the engine was just extra info.

Previously someone questioned whether the 07-08 slip on Pipe diameter was the same as the 09 header diameter.
Exactly what I can was getting at

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts