Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about riding down from 4 am to 10am then drop the bike in the back of the truck and drive home. or do a rental car? thoughts? stock seat not corbin

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
after about 120 miles i am ready for a good break. call me what you want but thats all my ass and back can take.
id prolly just rent ' a really fast car with no top' -fear and loathing .

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Rent a car

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I've done it several times. I stop only to get gas(for about 15mins & stretch). If you are young and in descent shape I say go for it, you just have to find your sweat spot and just relax and ride. Although it does get kinda boring if its str8 highway. But again I would do it. Give me a reason to spend time riding. Plus the amount of $$$ you will save riding down there is a plus imo. Good luck Plug in the ipod!

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
I've done it several times. I stop only to get gas. If you are you and in desecnt shape I say go for it, you just have to find your sweat spot and just relax and ride. Although it does get kinda boring if its str8 highway. But again I would do it. Give me a reason to spend time riding. Plus the amount of $$$ you will save riding down there is a plus imo. Good luck Plug in the ipod!
im in good shape i just had a back injury when i was a kid that still causes problems. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I'd ride, though how do you plan on getting the bike into the back of the truck? If that is straight and the truck is a done deal, sounds like an *enjoyable ride to me. :cruising:

*Provided that weather conditions and mother nature complies...lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am 26, work out 4 days a week in good shape, same back injury as poster above :banghead: fractured l4 and l5 vertibre.

Anyways i guess id have to hope the guy has a plank to get it in the bed. I have ratchet straps. The truck is a done deal and paid for. weather is sunny in pa 74 and sunny 84 in VA, just shore traffic on the drive back, but the way down there if I am leaving at 4am i should be fine.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Disc herniations: L4, L5 and S1...lol

L4 and S1 on the right side, L5 on the left. Doesn't bother me too much anymore. I know when a cold front is coming without looking up weather reports..lol Occasionally wake up stiff, though I've learned how to get back to normal quickly over the years.

Nothing like being active duty, maxing a pt test and finding out afterwards that your 19 yr old disc look like that of a 50 yr old man and if "we" (Medics who finally schedule my MRI after 2 months of complaining) don't get you into surgery within 72 hrs., there is a chance of you being paralized. Me, "oh.. really?!? would have been nice to know about 1hr ago!):cursin:

Sounds like a fun ride then bud. Be safe :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
I just did this, the only problem was how to get the bike in the back of the truck,

if you got that figured, where some short under your suit, if you are, or some comfy pants, padding would help, take breaks, take some tunes, and enjoy,

you will save some money, a rental would be easier, but the ride would be fun,

good luck!!! stickies down!

·
Registered
411 Posts
after about 120 miles i am ready for a good break. call me what you want but thats all my ass and back can take.
id prolly just rent ' a really fast car with no top' -fear and loathing .
"Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours. Blows my weekend." - Dr. Gonzo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes. Maximum ride so far in one day for me is 419 miles. THese were non-direct routes, so the seat time was much greater.

When you stop for a rest, make it 10 minutes or better, don't push the ride. you should make it through 100 miles at first, then stop a bit every 60 or so. Cheat with an advil or something if fatigue sets in.

I'm 47, so you can do it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I did 480 miles 2 weekends ago and it was a beast. Id say 160 - 200 miles can be done with minor consequences, any more than that and your ass will be sore if you havnt had the conditioning. Id also make sure there is a way to load it, dont just hope. Murpy's law man. Call ahead cause it would suck to ride all that way just to turn around empty handed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts