Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my predicament

i got my bike for an EXCELLENT DEAL

03 CBR600rr jardine rt1, michelin pilot powers, DDM 6000k 55w HID's, came with a Arai Corsair rx7, icon accellerant jacket, Alpine stars smx gloves.

got it with 5k on it.. now theres just over 9k on it.. yes i ride it A LOT.. its been my only form of transportation for a few months now..

ok heres the deal i got on it

bear with me.. its kindof a long read.. but if you dont want to read it..

I PRETTY MUCH GOT THE BIKE FOR FREE.. even probabaly made money on the deal.

ok i was/am into buying and selling cars. mostly hondas... i bought a 94 civic hatch shell no motor.. no interior.. nothing.. for 300 dollars... the shell had no rust.. nothing.. and for you guys that are into this kind of thing.. you know thats a smoking ass deal for that shell.. VERY good deal..

i sold it to my cousin for 1500 bucks.. ok well he had the same car with a motor and everything in it but the body was beat... so we swapped everything over from it to the new shell

ok i bought a chevy s10... another awesome deal.. for just under 1500 dollars..

so i basically used the money i made off the shell to buy the S10.... it was a 99.. 4cyl 5 speed with under 100k.. in great condition..

drove it for a while.. got sick of having no interior room for anything

so i offered my COUSIN a trade for the hatch that i originally sold him..

lol he took it.. so now i was driving a 94 hatch with a swap, full black interior, suspension, no rust.. and other stuff..

now.. fastforward a few months.. the motor in the hatch started to BURRN oil.. im tlaking 1-2 quarts every 1k miles..

i saw a guy wanting to trade the 03 cbr600rr for the same exact setup i was driving.. so i jumped on it...

LOL

so... i have the bike now..

i got it.. put 4000 miles on it since march (every day.. sometiems commuting 100 miles one way.)

now.. im getting offered 5200 for it from a buddy of mine.. its my first bike.. but i dont know if i can pass up that offer. i mean i pretty much got the bike for free.. i dont know what to do.

im thinking about selling it and getting a newer 600rr..

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
lol, that's an awesome story...
take the offer, then put the $5200 down on a brand new bike or something. That's probably what I'd do if they're straight up offering you money for it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol everyone hates on me cause i alwasy get stupid deals like that... ALWAYS.. im amazed at some of the things i end up finding.

ive made tons of money by just buying and selilng things in the past 4 or 5 years...

lol, that's an awesome story...
take the offer, then put the $5200 down on a brand new bike or something. That's probably what I'd do if they're straight up offering you money for it

yea he had gotten approved for a loan and everything already as well so i may just take it.. i wanna keep my helmet though considering its a 750 dollar helmet..

the jacket i dont care he can take its too big for me anyways..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MY insurance company is going to kill me...

i change vehicles constantly.. probably almost once a month lol.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
5200 for an 03 w/ 9k is a great deal for u man.
however its a nice bike to have in the middle of summer, and its not costing u a dime except insurance, maintenance, and gas.

tough call.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sell it ...... sell it.........sell it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5200 for an 03 w/ 9k is a great deal for u man.
however its a nice bike to have in the middle of summer, and its not costing u a dime except insurance, maintenance, and gas.

tough call.

i have a car that i can have fun in.. i know its a car.. but 400+ all wheel horsepower twin turbo audi S4..

i can deal without a bike for a while.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
my friend had a nogaro blue biturbo S4 w/ a gt28 (i think) setup. it made 400bhp but never ran for very long, very unreliable car, so he sold it for a V8 S4.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gt28s should make WAYYY over 400awhp

i just have audi k04 turbos from the german RS4 (stage 3) with the fueling kit and im at 400awhp just on a base off the shelf tune.

12.30 best time at the track full weight at 3700 lbs.

custom tune on 104 octane should be close to 11.60 and 425-450hp

mine is nogaro too.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Heck, if you can sell the 03 and get that much for it might as well. I just wouldn't sign a loan for the difference if you are getting a new bike. It would be better to save up the difference. Why get yourself in a situation of owing when you don't have to?

As far as the Audi....generally owning an Audi is a constant situation of owing money. lol Those damn cars, like VW, fall the hell apart way too much! I have had my Audi A4 1.8T for 12 years come this October! I was actually the first to own one in America...bought the first actual car sent here early for advertisements in 1996. I got ahold of AMS early on and Mark chipped my car after he did his own. =-) I did 2 turbo installs last year...it was supposed to be just 1 but I cooked the first turbo replacement in a week. UGG! They are fricken addicting....but so is the RR so look out!! Great to see another Audi fan on the boards. :toothy4:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea saving another 1500-2k wouldnt be an issue at all.. i may end up buying some nice wheels for the audi with some of the money then probabaly buy another 600rr.. but probabaly an 05+ this time.

i am really liking the looks of an R6 raven though.. beautiful

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
should be gone within the week.

he has a loan ready and everythign

03 cbr600rr 9k miles.. and an icon accellerant jacket

jardine RT1, HID,s and flushies

i think i got a great deal considering its all profit.. :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No kidding.

JDM, whats your point here? do you want kudos for being such a dealin' guru? If you're that good, you should know the answer to your question without explaining your wizardry to all of us. "lol"

BTW, 4K in 4 months isnt alot for a real rider, its about normal I'd say
Uhh no... cause i thought the situational story would help a decision im not asking for kudos whatsoever.

it wouldve been way different if i said i just bought the bike for 5500 a few months ago..

and i got the bike the last week of march.. it is a lot of miles.. got it with like 5000 even and its coming up on 9500 as of today. thats way more than even your average driver in a car does.

most riders dont even do that kind of mileage in a season let alone not even half a season. if i continue with this bike and finish out the season on it i can almost guarantee itll have 15k+ on it once the temps drop below 40

whats it to you anyways?

having a bad day?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts