Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anybody else have trouble watching an entire Superbike race? It's so boring. Spies and Mladin every single race lapping half the field. It doesn't even feel like pro racing compared to WSBK and of course GP's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Agreed, every other type of bike racing I make sure I watch or record, AMA Superbike.....if its raining and nothing else to do, I'll watch it.

·
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)
261 Posts
HAHA!!! This is true, its funny the emphasis on the race is on who is coming in third for the last two races its been DUHAMEL and YATES. thats what I like to watch.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love motorycle racing but I just can't sit down and watch the whole thing. I usually put it on and cruise 600RR.net and look back every few minutes to see what's going on. It needs to get more competitive. Better racers, teams putting more money into it, more sponsorship, something though.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
they replayed the superbike race yesterday on speed around 2 and i got to watch it in the gym. i actually thought the first half of the race was pretty darn good. the pass for the lead what CLOSE, and Jake was mixing it up with some passes and repasses. yeah, i agree though its no SBK, but even if the bikes spread out in the 2nd half of the race its still motorcycles on road courses! ;)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
WSBK is imo the best racing this year week after week

AMA sucks for the top 2 but they usually don't follow Spies and Mladin the whole race when they check out so we do get to see some good racing (Miggy, Yates, etc are always fun to watch)

The other classes are usually great racing though; FX, Supersport, and sometimes Superstock are fun to watch

I'd like to see what Hodgson could do on the American Honda next year but I think he's got a shot at WSBK ride in Toselands spot so that might not work out. Hopefully he'll at least do a couple more AMA races this year on the lab bike though, he did pretty damn well.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea WSBK is going to take a little hit though with Toseland leaving. I still can't believe he's going to ride motogp on a bad bike when he could be riding the brand new CBR1000 in WSBK.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
yeah, I thought the same thing
wasn't he one of the "I'll only go if I get a competitive ride" guys?
kinda missed the boat on that one lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
There are a lot of details of Toselands ride for next year that aren't being announced just yet but I think he did a radio interview here and hinted that it will be full factory machinery running either Bridgestone or Michelin tyres. I can't find it word for word but he's quoted saying that the Yamaha offer was the only one on the table with 2008 spec machinery.

Seeing how well he's got everything under control with his racing right now and several options in front of him I just don't see him going into MotoGP for a 2nd tier satellite team like Tech 3 has been this year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love watching the AMA 600 classes. But Suzukibike sucks. And next year it will be the Mladin cup again. I bet Mladin wins every race next year. Maybe not 1 or 2, allowing for a crash or tire problems.

I hope Colin Edwards shows up stateside....

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was ready to go out to Atlanta to watch the racing, but have decided against it. I love racing but its really hard to throw money at something I really can't stand behind.. Hopefully WSB coming back to the states will start a change in AMA..

·
Registered
995 Posts
f0ck yeah. throw in WSS, did you see how Kenan whooped ass this season?
The FIM Superstock 1000 is great too! Especially the bikes sliding into the turns when they all try to outbrake each other!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have to agree again WSBK is were its at this year. Thank you spec tires. Im glad its no longer the ducati cup.Although 08 will be interesting since the ducs cried and got there way again with the 1200cc rule.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to agree again WSBK is were its at this year. Thank you spec tires. Im glad its no longer the ducati cup.Although 08 will be interesting since the ducs cried and got there way again with the 1200cc rule.
Yea but there are a lot of restrictions. Their minimum weight is heavier than the liters and they have to use stock rods and they have air restrictors. So really there isn't an advantage.

·
Registered
921 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts