Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so got off work, and its gets gettin cold here in nor cali... so leaving the parkin lot the same way as i always do... make this right turn and the damn thing starts slliding under me, man i thought i was gona lose it right in the parking lot, i dind't even gun it at all just making the turn...so got off the throttle and huged the tank, then got it back straight... so yea, man the had me all spooked, freakin cold tires!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wish it would get a little colder here...it was like 79 today and Im tired of paying huge electricity bills

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
You think thats cold?? We've got 15 degrees weather.... Heres a photo from earlier this morning.

Its so cold and icy i cant even make it up to the mountains so theres no point in it being this cold.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
yoyokata, I hate u. I wish I was home right now, sitting next to my christmas tree sipping hot cider and admiring the snow. Have fun in it man, I want to see some sled racing pics before it melts (in full leathers mind u).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
be careful on those cold tires. smooth it out. i've already read 2 stories about people crashing on the first turn leaving work in the past 2 months.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
yoyokata said:
You think thats cold?? We've got 15 degrees weather.... Heres a photo from earlier this morning.

Its so cold and icy i cant even make it up to the mountains so theres no point in it being this cold.
It looks like you live in a Dr. Seuss world. What kind of tree is that?

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
damn and i thought so cal was getting chilly in the morrning hahaha he said dr. seuss thats comedy

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
It looks like you live in a Dr. Seuss world. What kind of tree is that?
LOL... I laughed too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
i live in norcal and its pretty chilly now. I have a question though i was wondering about early this morning.

What temperature is ideal at running your bike? I usually wait for it to warm up a bit before doing much. Now that its cold my bike doesn't get much hotter 180. during the summer it'd reach 210 sometimes. what range is ideal? (like 160-180 maybe?)

also how long does it take your tires to warm up? like.... 10 miles? or what?

just wondering how to best run my bike in cold weather, does it run better in cold air?

·
Registered
469 Posts
It runs a tiny bit better in warm/cold weather than it does in hot weather because cold air compresses better than hot air. I usually take it easy for 5-10 minutes to let the tires warm up, some people like to zig zag to warm up their tires but i've never tried it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the summer the highest my bike got up to was around 230° F. Right now in the 40 degree weather the highest it got was around 205° F. I think on average my bike sticks around 180° F.

N

·
0 Posts
It's definitely getting cold. Well, colder than the past couple years. I welcome it, and I love to ride in the cold. Just wish my winter suit was here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The weather we're having right now is WEIRD. It's been 60-70 degrees the past week ... it's 73 right now ... but we have a cold front coming in and it's supposed to start dropping around 5 tonight, lots of rain, freezing rain into the evening, 1/2 inch of ice with 6-8 inches of snow on top of that by tomorrow afternoon. I'm in a short sleeve shirt today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 16 degrees! NUTS!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yeah i live in nor cal, and have been riding every morning this week since its been sunny, its been high 30s in the morning, doenst bug me to much, i have pilot powers i just keep things careful for the first couple miles, then after that i ride normally no hardcore stuff.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts