Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly last tuesday some lady ran a stop sign and t-boned me. luckily Im fine, just road rash. my question is how do insurence adjusters price the bike if its deemed totoled (which I know it is) its an 07 cbr600rr with just over seven thousand miles on it. how do they decide how much this is worth? thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sadly last tuesday some lady ran a stop sign and t-boned me. luckily Im fine, just road rash. my question is how do insurence adjusters price the bike if its deemed totoled (which I know it is) its an 07 cbr600rr with just over seven thousand miles on it. how do they decide how much this is worth? thanks
If it's your insurance it is most likely based off of the KBB value and it will probably state exactly in your contract.

If it's their insurance, they probably will offer something based off the KBB value as well, but it isn't the same scenario as if it were your insurance. You don't have to accept what they offer. You can negotiate up to the point of suing them. Obviously it isn't going to be worth suing unless they totally low ball you. If I were you, I would look at prices for comparable bikes in the classified (go craigslist!), see how much replacement gear would be, and use that to make a counteroffer if their offer is too low.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If it's your insurance it is most likely based off of the KBB value and it will probably state exactly in your contract.

If it's their insurance, they probably will offer something based off the KBB value as well, but it isn't the same scenario as if it were your insurance. You don't have to accept what they offer. You can negotiate up to the point of suing them. Obviously it isn't going to be worth suing unless they totally low ball you. If I were you, I would look at prices for comparable bikes in the classified (go craigslist!), see how much replacement gear would be, and use that to make a counteroffer if their offer is too low.

wow, that's good advice!, had much experience?

it's important to remember gear costs, and you had a good point checking out listed bike ads for his area, when they pay up, you can go straight to picking up a new bike and be riding in no time!---------------- Now playing: Powerman 5000 - Bombshell via FoxyTunes

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thankfully no!

In fact, I actually only have liability insurance on my bike. When I was getting quotes I was looking at like a G a year for full comprehensive/collision/uninsured motorist. Figured that if I could make it 3 years without totaling my bike or having it stolen I would come out ahead. Since I paid cash and it's a toy, not a necessity, I think I'll be ok.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If you're going to claim any mods on your bike, they might want to see your receipts as well. That shouldn't be too hard to find if you order online, just time consuming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts