Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't expect to sell it here but I figured maybe you guys could help me out.. how much could I expect to get for my '03. I still have the clean title and it has about 7.5k miles on it. Course if anyone wants it you'll have to pick it up in northern nj.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ill give you 1000.00 for it and pay for shipping if your interested!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I already got a local offer for a grand but I was wondering if that was a good price or a little too low.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well ill go like 1250. it looks like mine when i layed it down so i know what it needs! about 3000.00 worth of stuff. luckly i already have most of it. it would just be a bike for my girl, and stunt. send me a mess with your number and we can talk!

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
you can get way more then that..Holmes, you can see the pipe itself for around $150.

·
Registered
32 Posts
theproblem is it needs between 3k and 3500 worth of stuff that means ill be in it around 5000. plus shipping to get it ear and thats all its worth

·
Registered
136 Posts
Smoked_Ya_On_My_RR said:
theproblem is it needs between 3k and 3500 worth of stuff that means ill be in it around 5000. plus shipping to get it ear and thats all its worth

What does it need that would cost between 3k-3500 to fix??

You can sell just the title and frame for more than a grand, you'd be ripping yourself off for selling it that cheap.

What all needs replaced?

·
Registered
32 Posts
good point but i have never seen the bike for all i know it needs forks, frt. wheel, upper fairing, midds, gas tank, tank cover and other miss parts. just from what i listed out there is 2600 worth of stuff. and just a ? mofat. are you interested in the bike cause if not why are you writing in this forum? if the local guy who has seen the bike said he would give him a grand then why would you second guess us. zakath let me know bro i might be able to do 1500. im just not sure what its gonna cost me to ship it!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smoked_Ya_On_My_RR said:
ofat. are you interested in the bike cause if not why are you writing in this forum?
because i asked for opinions on how much I could get for it because I don't have any experience with selling wrecked bikes. and the local guy hasnt seen the bike in person either, its still at the tow yard. once i trailor it back this weekend i'll take better pics. as far as i can tell the forks are good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
k well if there good and you can garentee that the are, buy some sort of money back gar. then i might go like 2000.00 maybe but i need to see how much shipping would cost also.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as far as i can tell you'll need to replace tank, tank cover, upper fairing, windscreen, mirrors, turn signals, sliders, crankcase cover, the display isnt working so im not sure what the deal with that is, then depending on how clean you want it to be the side fairings have some rash on them you could either just repaint them (it used to be a red bike which is why red is showing through) or replace more of the fairings

id prefer to sell locally but if i cant find a buyer ill give you a call

·
Registered
32 Posts
k sounds good bro. let me know i have the cash so...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Bro Lives In Nyc And My Sister Lives In Nj So Ill Have It Pick Up If You Want I Want To Turn It Into A Stunt Bike So Just Email Me Or Call Me 239-333-6625 My Name Is Jes

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steve-o said:
do you not have insurance?
Yes I do (did).. but the other driver was at fault and her ins. wrote my bike off as totaled. However they said they didn't dispose of bikes.. so I told them I'd do them a "favor" and take it back for free... heheh

plus I still have the clean title

·
Registered
136 Posts
Zakath said:
Yes I do (did).. but the other driver was at fault and her ins. wrote my bike off as totaled. However they said they didn't dispose of bikes.. so I told them I'd do them a "favor" and take it back for free... heheh

plus I still have the clean title

How could her insurance company write your bike off as totalled and your insurance company not know about it and you still have a clean title for the bike? THat doesn't sound right

·
Registered
136 Posts
Smoked_Ya_On_My_RR said:
good point but i have never seen the bike for all i know it needs forks, frt. wheel, upper fairing, midds, gas tank, tank cover and other miss parts. just from what i listed out there is 2600 worth of stuff. and just a ? mofat. are you interested in the bike cause if not why are you writing in this forum? if the local guy who has seen the bike said he would give him a grand then why would you second guess us. QUOTE]

The guy was asking for price ranges on what to ask for the bike. Just because 2 ppl that never saw the bike says its only worth a grand doesn't mean its only worth a grand. You didn't even know for sure what it needs to be fixed yourself and made an offer, now a day later you make another offer a grand more.

Like I said before, a clean title and straight from will bring over a grand all day long.

Regardless if I'm interested in the bike or not has nothing to do with why I posted, I was just answering the mans question. I figured you wouldn't want someone to tell him its worth more because you'd have to pay more for it but I'm an honest guy and he got my honest educated opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts