Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this project bike for next to nothing , about tree fity to be exact . It's sad you know , clean title , but the kickstand bolts punched a hole in the frame . starts right up and runs great , but the engine case has a hole in the gasket surface under the stator cover and a couple damaged bolt holes for the stator cover . at least one of the forks are bent . 20k miles . fairings , stator cover , stator , magneto , rear wheel , subframe all damaged . what direction would ye all experts go with this 2009 cbr 600rr ??!?!
thanks cheers :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've restored about a half dozen 600RRs, but with a damaged frame and holes in the engine case it'd be a part out for me.

I'm always tempted to do whatever it takes to bring them back to life but sometimes you just gotta let 'em go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am getting a 600rr - clean title but needs new forks and triple tree maybe a rim then cosmetics
but I will have fun sourcing parts and foxing her up

·
Registered
5 Posts
well I have bike with a good engine and frame - perhaps you can sell me some parts:)
or I can sell you mine with clean title ( in colorado )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am north near boulder I will have the project bike here next week
if you want to sell some parts - let me know mine does not appear to have any frame or engine damage
in the pictures :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I made some plates of 6061 and had them welded over the hole in my frame . . . don't know what I'm building , maybe a low speed stunt bike haha , but she's coming along and staying cheeeap . . I got a new back wheel locally too , supposedly from a cbr1000 but it fit perfect . I read that the caliper mount had to be modified for that swap but no it's perfect . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a clear title and really want this to be a track bike and a winter project. But I found a plate for my tripod stand - a source for fork tubes / parts -and a friend to rebuild them so I have a front end I will source aftermarkets adjustable pegs - repair the radiator and find an exhaust pipe - a wheel and light and - fairings I want to ride this summer get her up on the stand - and gather parts and begin repairs :)
I will keep you notified

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a clear title and really want this to be a track bike and a winter project. But I found a plate for my tripod stand - a source for fork tubes / parts -and a friend to rebuild them so I have a front end I will source aftermarkets adjustable pegs - repair the radiator and find an exhaust pipe - a wheel and light and - fairings I want to ride this summer get her up on the stand - and gather parts and begin repairs :)
I will keep you notified
Hell ya man ! I just got a fork on mine and jb welded the engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts