Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!:ciao: So just over a week ago I dumped my bike on a ride with some friends going through the country side getting sideways on some turns.

Long story short I shot out of the turn going 80mph into the corner, not enough a** over the bike, and a huge under steer on my part left me in a ditch and my bike hit a pole about 20 yards from where I went off the road.

My frame is A-Okay, engines fine, whole front end is gone ie; plastics, headlights, ram duct air-in, right clip-on, start/ kill imploded - BUT NOW MY BIKE WON'T START.

Post crash my bike got mud under the seat. I removed everything from under the seat and cleaned it out using rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt or possible corrosion. Cleaned as best I could with a toothbrush, q-tips, and some isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

I went back to the accident and located my bank angle sensor (or tip-over sensor) - placed it back in the connector and did my best to balance it as best I could in reference to the stock headlight mount and "UP" arrows.

But the bike still won't start.:cursin: It turns over just fine.

I will post photos.

The killswitch is still attached but the only identifiable working element on it is the starter button. I have since purchased a new right clip on with a fully functional start/ kill switch and it was just shipped to me, should be in any day now.

Please help - I am eager to ride and the mother nature is just starting to brighten the days up here in the Pacific Northwest.:cruising:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:shakehand

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
what year is the bike?

if the kill switch is totally mangled, that could easily be the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read another thread with a means of bypassing the BAS by using a paperclip and connecting the two OUTSIDE wires together. that did not work either.

I'm hoping that's all it is, the killswitch might be stuck on kill.

It's a 2007

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ALSO - I know this isn't the coreect thread but if anybody reading this has any spare 2007 CBR600RR parts - I AM LOOKING FOR OEM; PEARL WHITE FAIRINGS/ TANK COVER, HEADLIGHTS, RAM AIR DUCT-IN, FRONT FAIRING STAY.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't beleive so: Fuel pump prime

Is the bike fuel pump priming?
I assume the fuel pump priming sound is that first little ringing sound when i turn the key to on and the kill switch to the run position.

I don't hurt it doing that now that I think of it..

Should I remove the intake and check the injectors?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ohhh man sory to hear that bro. but glad that you ok though (considering how fat you were going). well, i have a subframe if you ever need one ma friend...lmk.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definitely check your tip over sensor. When i brought my battered 2011 home, it wouldn't start, took me about 2 days to realize it was the tip over sensor in the middle of the headlights.

Check if it is still there even!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
man you F*ed that bike up...but yes that buzzing when you first turn your key is the fuel pump priming if you dont hear that noise then you have no fuel and it will def never start

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ALSO - I know this isn't the coreect thread but if anybody reading this has any spare 2007 CBR600RR parts - I AM LOOKING FOR OEM; PEARL WHITE FAIRINGS/ TANK COVER, HEADLIGHTS, RAM AIR DUCT-IN, FRONT FAIRING STAY.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I have pearl white fairings. I might sell them for the right price.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
buy em their in great shape i almost did but came across a full bike

Reactions: Jaydiem

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE - BAS sensor is on. Checked starter fuse relay (switched out with the extra fuse attached.

Attached headlights due to a post I read that stated I may need the headlights on for some sort of safety measure that doesn't allow the bike to run without them attached??

Anyways - still no luck. I have purchased a new BAS sensor in hopes that this, along with the new right clip on with the start/ kill switch may be the issue.

in the interim of that, does anyone know if there is anyway to bypass the killswitch?

I will post what is left of mine... there might be enough to work with.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear ur okay... Hopefully u get the bike up and running soon... sorry i dont have any advice on fixing ur problem have no clue what may be wrong...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
No front end = no BAS...

You need to make sure the wiring that is left in the front end is in ok condition, then bypass the bas.

You should also check the rest of the harness and switches to make sure they haven't been damaged.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts