Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got pulled over on my bike for the first time today. I just tried a wheelie for the first time yesterday, so I have done a few of them today. I pulled out of Walmart and popped it up. There were no cars in front of me, or in the oncoming lane for a good distance. I didn't ride it, and it wasn't even big. Next light I see a cop car behind me. I hadn't seen him before I did it, obviously.

He told me that he could write me up for wreckless driving for doing a wheelie, and that my license would get taken away till I am 21 (which is only 4 months away anyways, but still). Can you really get your license taken away for doing a wheelie????

But the cop was really cool. He wrote me for improper driving. He was saying he knows it's fun, and he's been young before too. We had a laugh before we went our seperate ways. He said to just make sure I keep both wheels on the ground.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
eh, **** happens and at least the cop was cool...but yes if they want to be that big a dicks about it...yeah, poof...no license. 21.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
though a good lawyer will talk his way out of that one pretty quick. ie, bike had more power than you thought, new tires, hand slipped...any bs answer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow really? I never knew that it was that big of a deal. I know that a lot of people do it all the time. Even some on this forum. And I haven't heard of 1000 dollar fines or license suspension. Looks like I will be keeping two wheels on the ground more. Since he wrote me for improper driving it's only a 60 dollar ticket. The thing I'm not happy about is how it will impact the insurace, but it happens.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
be lucky you are not in FL.
you would be looking at a 1000 dollar fine right now.
I'm from cali so I dont know for sure but I thought you can loose your license for 10 years as well? I dunno, Fl people help me out, just something to think about next time you stunt. At least you got a cool cop,they're a dying breed now a days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually have pretty bad luck. I think I figured it out though...

I've always heard it is bad luck to ride with your passenger pegs down if there isn't a passenger. So I have NEVER ridden with them down without having someone on the back...until today. I practiced a standup wheel before school on a completely empty road in the middle of BFE where I live. And the guide on this side said that it's good to learn by standing with your right foot on the regular peg, and your left on the passenger peg. So I had left my passenger peg down. The one time I ride with it down...I get pulled over. Hmm.

When I was talking to the cop I said "it's funny that I happened to get pulled over today, because this is the first day I've really tried this. That's my luck". And he said "yeah I could tell since you weren't getting it up all the way" hahaha. I am obviously not a wheelie master yet, but I can at least do a pretty decent one.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i know around here in jersey, even if you happen to get out of two wheelie tickets with a good lawyer, on the third strike you get all the points you should have gotten (which is like 12 or 16 or something ridiculous like that) and all the fines you should have gotten including the stuff on the third ticket all together at once.

D

·
0 Posts
I don't know if they could suspend your license for a few months just for doing a wheelie. My guess is he was just trying to scare you straight without actually having to write you up for reckless driving; probably thought he could teach you a better way then making you think cops are assholes.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I got pulled over today, cop pulled out and followed me afater seing me do 47 in a 40, and then i cut through traffic not knowing he was behind me, hit a red light, pull a wholeshot to 80 in a 45, and slowed down to 60 and cruised. Then he lit me up so i pulled over, i told him i was late for class and he checked my papers and let me go. So he was cool!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
jersey sucks I'd never live there. Id kill myself before I lived there. Cops here in pa are dics for brains. They can't catch a serial killer if he wrote his name address and left finger prints in blood on a wall. But they sure can stop you for doin simple wheelie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts