Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man is this a warning to CBR riders? HotRod and Ragamuffin went down and Dave rolled his ankle....hmmmmm. Conspiracy?? Well I've got a trackday Monday. Wish me luck. Better bust out the 4 leaf clover and lucky rabbits foot! Anyone got a horseshoe I can borrow?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Yesterday I was on a ride and one of the newer guys binned his F4i into the side of a hill. Brief version: He was going through a turn with a car coming towards him (both were in their own lanes) but he paniced in the turn and fixated on the side of the hill, and striaghtend up his bike in the turn and nosed it into the hill.

Moral: don't get fixated on set points. Where you look is where you go.

(rider only had minor scrapes and bruises, but he bent his forks and rashed his plastics)

·
Registered
484 Posts
well, in my case i was riding stupid and siomply shouldn't have gotten on the bike. keep your head cool and you have better chances.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i just wrecked too... being a dumb ass trying to show off by pulling a wheelie... "hey man do a wheelie!!! do a wheelie!!" refrain and repeat refrain and repeat..gave in... :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap:
just dont do anything you think is stupid, adn youre 99% likely to not have a wreck.. if you notice anytime someone wrecks and you ask them about it they'll say "i was being stupid...etc" itll be alright, 600rr is a great bike, but it seems like us riders are a little sillly at times...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Everyone that says something to me says 'Do a wheelie". I can't do one on a bicycle so I tell myself "don't try or you will regret it". And to help convince my mind not to try one , I think of this F4I guy that did one into the back of a semi last year.
Why do people think every rider has the same abilities?
When I got my bike ,I had read on how to ride and taken the safty riding course. So one day I'm in a group ride and I'm trying to keep up. I go into a corner too hot , get target fixation and drive my bike into a ditch.
Damn Ego.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I think alot of the wrecks might be due to some of us not riding alot during the winter months. You have to ease back into it and relearn alot of things. Target fixation, and not looking through the corners is something I have to think about alot when I get back into the back roads after a 4+ month winter out here.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
cbrsexrr said:
I think alot of the wrecks might be due to some of us not riding alot during the winter months. You have to ease back into it and relearn alot of things. Target fixation, and not looking through the corners is something I have to think about alot when I get back into the back roads after a 4+ month winter out here.
I wish more people understood that and would follow that. You are definately right. People should ease back into it after a long brake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts