Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone out there have a picture write up of changing out a fuel pump on a 2004 cbr600rr, after 13k rpms the bike sort of falls on its face, ive read a couple other forums and everyone is saying that replacing their fuel pump fixed the issue (i have 30k miles) just seeing if anyone out there knows where to find a video/picture write up

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If get time I'll try to give you a walk through. Mine just failed on my 04 but right now I'm slammed with work. It's not as hard as it may seem. Start by removing your left side plastics, ram air covers, seat, and tank cover. Then really all you have are the 2 bolts holding the tank down, one on each side. Pull the overflow and vent hoses out of the square holder down by the kick stand before you try and riase the tank. Once you have the bolts removed the tank will pivot up where you can remove the 3 pin connector for the pump and access the screws holding the pump in the tank. Just dont forget to drain the tank.

I'm telling you this because it might be awhile before I can get mine fixed. So hopefully this will help you along in the mean time.

PS. Use a bungee cord looped around your tailpipe to hold the tank up while you work.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts