Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i filled up last night and i always filled up with 93 octane, but when i got the reciept, it billed me as if i filled up regular gas.. wierd.. so my question is if i did accidently filled up my bike with regular gas (87), would that harm the bike in any way? would it act sluggish when i ride? i tried searching this but didnt find anything..

thanks for any advice..

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just drop by 7-11 and pick up some NOS to pour in there to increase the octane level. LOL J/K

It is fine. My car (VW GTi) takes 93 also, I have tried it with mid grade and low grade when I first got it. I will say that I notice a small difference between low and high grade on the car. But it is fine.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
is it pinging?

noticable "weird" noise that comes when you accelerate

no? your fine

yes: add octane booster or siphon some of that fuel out asap and add premium to bring the octane back up.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
is it pinging?

noticable "weird" noise that comes when you accelerate

no? your fine

yes: add octane booster or siphon some of that fuel out asap and add premium to bring the octane back up.
Yep, the octane rating is just to prevent detonation. In fact, 93 won't add any horsepower. You should be fine running 91 octane. You will be find as long as there is no "knocking" read up on this http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=46907

and if you are really worried about it, siphon it out into a gas can and put it in your car or lawn mower.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats guys, no knocking or pinging.. at the gas stations they only got 87 89 and 93... so i use 93 since there is no 91.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.