Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was about to do some late night wrenching with some new brake lines from Galfer. I opened the package that I got from Cycle Gear and I noticed I have to seprate lines? Shouldn't I have a " Y " fitting? Its for an 08, I'm just double checking because I'm scratching my head wondering how a 30'' line and a 26'' line would work? Did I get the wrong ones? The package says its for an 07 - 08, but it was taped back together

D

·
0 Posts
Have fun, and remember, if something starts to aggravate you, walk away before you do something to make it worse.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I'm back, got done putting my new lines and some new pads. Pretty straight forward, but I didn't take pics or go for a ride since my bike is still in bad shape from my wreck. But I did roll it around in my garage and everything seems ok. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do a couple slow drives around my block to get used to the brakes now, it feels like I need less effort to stop it now. Well thanks for the advice Demented, now its time to post whore, haha

D

·
0 Posts
And I'm back, got done putting my new lines and some new pads. Pretty straight forward, but I didn't take pics or go for a ride since my bike is still in bad shape from my wreck. But I did roll it around in my garage and everything seems ok. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do a couple slow drives around my block to get used to the brakes now, it feels like I need less effort to stop it now. Well thanks for the advice Demented, now its time to post whore, haha
No problem.
Word of advice on testing the brakes...sit far back on the seat.
Right after I put my goodridge lines and Versah pads on, I went to test the brakes only doing about 45mph, and was pulled over on the side of the road for 10 minutes puking.

D

·
0 Posts
Did a tank slapper did ya? Welp I'll make sure to remember that one, I'll put a post it on my tank right now: Note to self, save balls, sit back
Not so much a tank slapper. More of what I could compare a car slamming into a tree at 30mph.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OUCH! I'm putting post-its everywhere now, and that was at 45 mph? I'm surprised you didn't wreck with your boys black and blue like that. Well I'll find out by this weekend, my fairings should be in and I'll be good to ride again, pending on how the fracture on my wrist feels by then. Its been 3 weeks now, I'd say its about 75% healed. I might have to wait another week if its still not at at least 90%

1 - 11 of 11 Posts