Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-x This article was on the RoadRacing World website. What are they thinking :?: :!: :?: :!:

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=10336

8/22/2004
Flammini Group Plans 2005 World Superbike Round In The U.S., On Traditional Date

Copyright 2004, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

Flammini Group, the promoter of the Superbike World Championship Series, may hold a round of the 2005 series in the U.S., on its traditional date, in direct conflict with the MotoGP race that replaced World Superbike on Laguna Seca's 2005 calendar.

No word yet on where the race would be held.

Whether or not AMA National classes will be run at Laguna Seca in support of the MotoGP class has yet to be determined.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
would it be possible, logistically, to have all three venues at Laguna? WSBK and AMA have shared the track on the same weekend, but WSBK, AMA, and MotoGP spliting the same weekend would seem to be a problem. don't get me wrong, i would love to be able to see them all on the same weekend, but would it even be possible???

·
Registered
411 Posts
mule-madness said:
would it be possible, logistically, to have all three venues at Laguna? WSBK and AMA have shared the track on the same weekend, but WSBK, AMA, and MotoGP spliting the same weekend would seem to be a problem. don't get me wrong, i would love to be able to see them all on the same weekend, but would it even be possible???
They are saying WSBK would be at another venue the same weekend as MotoGP/AMA (I think). (I believe AMA will run Laguna the same weekend since the FIM is only bringing the MotoGP bikes to the US, no 250/125)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts