Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After an incredible racing season from WSBK, James Toseland has won the championship for Ten Kate Honda by 2 points, joining his teammate, WSS Champion, Kenan Sofuoglu as the top racers in FIM wss/wsbk!!

Way to go JT! And props to Haga for making it a real tight chase. 2 points is amazing, considering how Honda and JT were dominating the first half of the season. Nori took BOTH races at france. what a great season.

Thanks to some of the top riders in the world, we've enjoyed a stellar racing season from WSBK. Can't say the same for GP...only AMA SS was as tight with the Kawi boys edging out the Erion team after Hayes' injury-plagued race at MR Laguna Seca.

Congrats Honda, the Ten Kate team, Kenan Sofuoglu and James Toseland...WSS and WSBK World Champions. Way to go guys.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i wish i could join you in the rousing applause but toseland fell apart like a cheap suit in the last bunch of races.

Winning by 2 points after a 50 point lead is not the way to leave for GP .Gp will eat him up and he'll be back with biaggi in a year .

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I wish I could have seen some races...hopefully he and CE will put the Tech 3 team on the podium next year. That is IF CE will stay in the GP...

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'll agree it was disheartening to see his points lead get eaten into so much but quite a few of those have been outside his control - cracked swinging-arm at the Lautzitzring, traction control problems in both Vallelunga races, similar difficulties at Magny Cours, Lanzi taking him off track into last place in race 1 etc and for the last few races the Ten Kate Fireblade just hasn't been working as well as earlier in the year. You could see he was wound up even after getting Superpole on Saturday. At the same time the Yamaha's have just looked brilliant everywhere and Corser did his bit to watch Nori's tail in the last 2 races.

But through all of the races this year Toseland has ridden 100% imho. Jumping back on the bike at Silverstone with all the coolant gone, nicking positions like 3rd from Haga at Vallelunga race 1 when 4th would have risk-free (as GSE Airwaves Ducati team manager commentating said), climbing straight back on after his race 2 crash to ride for 11th (or was it 10th??) I'd say the only race he rode for the points was the very last one.

Either way it's been a brilliant season, with excitement and drama right up to the last chequered flag.

Just could have done without the nerves watching the last 2 races on video this evening.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
i wish i could join you in the rousing applause but toseland fell apart like a cheap suit in the last bunch of races.

Winning by 2 points after a 50 point lead is not the way to leave for GP .Gp will eat him up and he'll be back with biaggi in a year .
A Championship is a Championship. Whether you win by one point or 50 points!

·
Registered
921 Posts
The other Max did a good job on the Alstare bike today, and with them losing Corona sponsorship it does appear Max is pricing himself out of what is still a top japanese factory ride.

What odds he and Nieto end up doing a team swap? Think there's a seat spare there and that must be the last factory ride not claimed yet. Max has brought a lot to the championship but he seems to make things difficult for whatever team employs him. He needs WSB more than WSB needs him.

EDIT :icon_roll I seem to have lost where this thread went Biaggi related so mods feel free to cut and paste back in when the Max subject comes up.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'll agree it was disheartening to see his points lead get eaten into so much but quite a few of those have been outside his control - cracked swinging-arm at the Lautzitzring, traction control problems in both Vallelunga races, similar difficulties at Magny Cours, Lanzi taking him off track into last place in race 1 etc and for the last few races the Ten Kate Fireblade just hasn't been working as well as earlier in the year. You could see he was wound up even after getting Superpole on Saturday. At the same time the Yamaha's have just looked brilliant everywhere and Corser did his bit to watch Nori's tail in the last 2 races.

But through all of the races this year Toseland has ridden 100% imho. Jumping back on the bike at Silverstone with all the coolant gone, nicking positions like 3rd from Haga at Vallelunga race 1 when 4th would have risk-free (as GSE Airwaves Ducati team manager commentating said), climbing straight back on after his race 2 crash to ride for 11th (or was it 10th??) I'd say the only race he rode for the points was the very last one.

Either way it's been a brilliant season, with excitement and drama right up to the last chequered flag.

Just could have done without the nerves watching the last 2 races on video this evening.
ill give it to him that when his bike is working the kid is a genius .and deserves everything hes got ,championship included.Mostly the GP saddle .

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
A Championship is a Championship. Whether you win by one point or 50 points!
of course ,not saying its not ,just saying it sucks to see it fall apart like that .he had it for the taking and had to leave with it in a last race struggle . Couple less positions this weekend and it would have been over. wanted to see HAga take it ,but toseland beating 3 ex GP guys to go to try his hand at GP is cool enough

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you look back at the Vallelunga race, where JT was riding the chit out of the 1krr, and ultimately passed Haga for 3rd (who's bike was acting funny the final 4 laps), the championship could've been even closer.

Haga proved he's just as worthy to win the crown. Hopefully he makes it as interesting next year.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
was a great race last nite

nitro was on fire!!!

JT did wot was needed to take it out road really well... had tire issues in the last few laps... and dropped a place. haga, wot can ya say, wins the last two races did all he could but it wasnt to be!... great rideing.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I wish motogp could have been this exciting. Maybe this will start the arguement for a spec tire in motogp?

·
Registered
610 Posts
yeah a championship is a championship. congrats to toseland.

BUT I'M SO PISSED THAT BIAGGI TOOK OUT HAGA EARLIER THIS YEAR!!!!!

That dipshit move cost haga the title!!! oh well... thats biaggi. I mean, thats racing.

YEAH OK fine biaggi didn't do it on purpose and all. but he sabotaged himself there too. He tries to force things too much sometimes and this one cost him AND haga some very valuable points.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I love WSBK Racing!!! Competative all year! Different makes winning! I think the AMA could take some notes.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yeah a championship is a championship. congrats to toseland.

BUT I'M SO PISSED THAT BIAGGI TOOK OUT HAGA EARLIER THIS YEAR!!!!!

That dipshit move cost haga the title!!! oh well... thats biaggi. I mean, thats racing.

YEAH OK fine biaggi didn't do it on purpose and all. but he sabotaged himself there too. He tries to force things too much sometimes and this one cost him AND haga some very valuable points.
i am no max fan but he was finding his feet on the suoerbikes!!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Congrats to JT. I was waiting until tonight to find out when I watch the race but Speed spoiled it for me Sunday night. I wasn't to mad, the suspense was killing me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Did anyone see the World Supersport race? Very exciting racing also!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts