Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who is going to WSBK at Miller Motorsports Park in the end of May?

I am trying to decide on whether or not to go.. I already have my tickets and room booked for MotoGP at Laguna.. But I really wanna see the WSBK's in action.

Tickets are not bad to WSBK and the rooms look to be decent as well. Just a 12 hour drive for me with a gambling layover in Vegas.. lol

So whats the .net members doing?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm thinking I'll be up there Monday, since it's only a couple hours away.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you been to a race there before? I am trying to decide on Grandstand seats or not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't been. I was planning on just GA, it's cheaper, and I figured if a bunch of us are wanting to meet up there, it might be easier with GA as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure about this year, but in the past you could sit in the grandstands with a GA ticket for practice and qualifying, but not on race day. The GA area is right in front of the grandstands, elevated, and grassy. Bring a canopy for shade and some chairs or blankets and it is pretty good seating.

I plan on being there all three days.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
see you guys there!!!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've been the past two years and it has been a good time. That and my brother lives in West Jordan, which is about 40 minutes away or so.

Going to miss them this year though. I'd recommend skipping the Grandstand seating and save some cash. Odds are you'll find a rockin spot on one of the many grass areas anyways.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Booked my flight+hotel+car. Getting in on Saturday and leave Tuesday. Rolling solo.. What is there to do in SLC?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
No freekin WSS races this year...lamers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. That is a bummer. But the same for MotoGP @ Laguna. Instead we get AMA......meh

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there any paddock access? Or just by the VIP access?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Yeah. That is a bummer. But the same for MotoGP @ Laguna. Instead we get AMA......meh
They'll be accessible for autographs though, so that is cool.

Josh Hayes is a cool guy, Steve Rapp is pretty nice too.

Racing in the sportbike class is usually pretty close, so it should be entertaining for a pure racing standpoint at least.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah.. I am working on getting a sponsor for Jake Holden too..

Looks like I am going to volunteer to work Sunday at the track..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Is there any paddock access? Or just by the VIP access?
I can't tell. The website says the paddocks will be open but my ticket package boasted about how it included a paddock pass. I THINK they were open for everyone last year though. It's pretty cool to get a close up look at the bikes while they are tearing them down and prepping things.

I talked to a Ducati marketing guy last weekend and he said they weren't going to be there. That's a real bummer because they usually have a huge setup with all of the bikes and of course a slew of "Ducati Chicks" running around doing shows and just plain showing off. Since we got slighted on the WSS in favor of AMA's attempt to draw in the Harley crowd with the xr1200 races maybe we'll probably get a trailer full of skanky tatooed "biker chicks" instead.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's been wet, wet, wet. Oh well. Nice AMA Daytona Sportbike race. See how tomorrow goes.

·
BOTM Winner 02/12
364 Posts
Yeah I went Saturday, but had to work today. its been nothing but rain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts