Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Well watch out for any major problems. Just be rational about it and youl be fine. If you think your jumping too soon tell him youl think about it and then sleep on it. No need to jump so fast but if it seems great then go for it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Say hello to my new friend :) finally i am the part of cbr family, thanks alot for your help guys. I just got drove it back home from jersey. The fairings on this bike isnt really in best condition mostly due to cheap paint job this guy did but mechanically this bike is good. Has 5000 miles on odometer but originally bike is at 12k miles. Tires and chain in very good condition so other than plastic work this bike is perfect. Paid $3800 for it because this guy was too stubborn to negotiate and I was like **** it only $300 more and i'll put an end to this hunt today. Has these chrome side mirrors on it that I hate so please suggest me some cool looking side mirrors with Led turn signals. I was thinking about these
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Carbon-Integrated-Mirrors-Kawasaki/dp/B005KL68DW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366842636&sr=8-1&keywords=cbr+600+rr++mirrors[/ame]

Also I wana get some good fairings, Chinese fairings are fine as long as they fit good. so shoot me some suggestions :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
AYYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Looks great!!! And ya those mirrors are fugly. You can search eBay and find some 1krr mirrors to put on them. They have the turn signals in them. And Chinese fairings will never fit good but may be worth the fight to get a cool design not offered oem. Bikes sick and congratulations again man. I can only imagine your excitement right now. I remember my bikes homecoming day. What a day. Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
And beware of being bitten by the mod bug. Things dangerous. I was bit around Christmas and just got bad. Can't stop buying stuff.

oh man I think Im already bit by it lol, came home and bought gopro 3 black edition, seat cowl, cover and disc lock haha xD. Im gonna buy alarm later on when I change the fairings but right now I think these mods are good until I get better at riding. Thanks again man.

these are the ones your talking about? http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Turn-Signal-Mirrors-for-Honda-CBR600RR-2003-2007-CBR1000RR-2004-2007-/251257734743?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8020c657&vxp=mtr

I like these, you think they will fit my 03?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CBR-1000-RR-CBR1000RR-turn-signal-integrated-mirrors-08-09-10-11-2008-2009-/380595941136?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589d492f10&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
The second link was what I was talking about. And I think they should would. I've never had experience with turn signal mirrors (yet) but they should work. I mean it's all generic wiring. And they should bolt on the same.

And be careful dont go into debt. Lol. I kinda am starting to. Haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
The second link was what I was talking about. And I think they should would. I've never had experience with turn signal mirrors (yet) but they should work. I mean it's all generic wiring. And they should bolt on the same.

And be careful dont go into debt. Lol. I kinda am starting to. Haha

ok because it says 08+ on the title so i was wondering. hahaha nah i'll control myself. parts for motorcycles are expensive especially the safety gears

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Ya please get gear. Lol. And the title is for 1krr. Not 600s. But it should work.

I've finally gotten most all my gear. I still want to get pants with knee pucks and some other minor stuff but it's not mandatory. Got alot of riding to do coming up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
Ya please get gear. Lol. And the title is for 1krr. Not 600s. But it should work.

I've finally gotten most all my gear. I still want to get pants with knee pucks and some other minor stuff but it's not mandatory. Got alot of riding to do coming up

yeh im trying not to OD myself into buying expensive stuff but man I found some nice gear but prices are off the chart :/
I want Icon Airframe carbon life form helmet
Alpinestars celer jacket
but they both are like $500 each lol

oh and about these mirrors they kinda look too bulky I wana go for slim look. I saw this thread in here about ducati mirrors or italian mirrors, something like these
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33366
http://www.moto-science.com/product/yamaha-fjr1300-with-ducati-tuning-led-mirrors-pair
but all i see they are over 200.

Also im looking to get frame sliders right now, the fairings already have holes in it for frame sliders so I guess ill just bolt em in. Any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Those mirrors are actually sweet I might get those. Lol. And I have woodcraft frame sliders and love em. They don't stick out really far like most but that's meant not to give leverage to break more crap like other will. But they do stick out further than the engine covers. IMO woodcraft is one of the top line frame sliders I highly recommend. Their sleek and have replaceable pucks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Those mirrors are actually sweet I might get those. Lol. And I have woodcraft frame sliders and love em. They don't stick out really far like most but that's meant not to give leverage to break more crap like other will. But they do stick out further than the engine covers. IMO woodcraft is one of the top line frame sliders I highly recommend. Their sleek and have replaceable pucks.

Great! so far I ordered bike cover, rear seat cowl, woodcraft frame sliders and gopro3, I wana record my first ride on it lol but mainly got it for sky diving. Rest of the stuff I will order after coming back from florida which will be mirrors,jacket,helmet,gloves and disc lock. let me know if anything else pops up in your mind which is important to get.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Will do man. I'm thinking about buying some woodcraft engine covers but their damn expensive. Maybe a winter mod. Lol. They're basically stronger and wont break or crack like the stock ones in the event of a crash.

Also get yourself some rim tape. Will really make it pop. Maybe red

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
got my gopro3 today so i'll be doing a video of my bike tomorrow to show you, also what kinda HID's should I get for my bike? I wana go 8k

81 - 100 of 124 Posts