Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone has a left over one from a 520 conversion...

Looking for the stock chain in decent shape... Need to go the cheap route for the moment...

Shipped to 10523

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hopefully someone has a left over one from a 520 conversion...

Looking for the stock chain in decent shape... Need to go the cheap route for the moment...

Shipped to 10523

Thanks!
Word of advise, dont ever go cheap on Brake Fluid, Brake pads, or your chain

a failure of any of these components can leave you in a REALLY bad position, possibly even fatal.

a snapping chain, can, and often does take out the engine block, can take out the riders leg, or could bind up causing the back wheel to lock up

You should also replace your chain and sprockets at the same time to prevent premature ware

i know, i understand what its like to not have money to do repairs

but lets face it man, your on 2 wheels, you CAN NOT afford to have a failure

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Word of advise, dont ever go cheap on Brake Fluid, Brake pads, or your chain

a failure of any of these components can leave you in a REALLY bad position, possibly even fatal.

a snapping chain, can, and often does take out the engine block, can take out the riders leg, or could bind up causing the back wheel to lock up

You should also replace your chain and sprockets at the same time to prevent premature ware

i know, i understand what its like to not have money to do repairs

but lets face it man, your on 2 wheels, you CAN NOT afford to have a failure
This was actually for my friend who is re-building a cbr with my help(I have a R6), I posted this for him and I feel the same way you do.. I actually managed to him out of it with the help of another buddy and he's going to wait to get a new sprocket/chain combo...

Thanks for the concern on your part, that's one thing about the bike community, we all look out for each other :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey if your still looking i just did a 520 conversion so i have the stock sprockets and chain with 6k mi on them if your interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts