Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
A squid is someonee who rides 1. stupid and 2. without proper gear. Squids are the people that you see riding down the street doing 75mph(poppin wheelies too usually) in a cargo shorts, t-shirt, no gloves, tennis shoes and a helmet. Thats what a squid is. GSXR's account for the most amount of squids, BUT you can find a squid on any machine, even honda's too

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I think this sums it up... If you need some pics I am sure some members have some....
http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/beginners/g/def079.htm

So what does SQUID really stand for? It’s an Acronym, SQUirrely kID: 1. In reference to younger motorcycle riders with little respect to posted speed limit laws, self safety or safety of others. 2. Inexperienced newcomer, someone trying to ride beyond his skill level with arms flailing (like a squid) to try not to fall. This may be just a Southern term. 3. Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminently Dead. 4. Any SportBike Rider -- seems this term got twisted along the way and has many meanings. 5. Sportbike riders who wear tennis shoes or flip flops, shorts, T-shirts, etc. on their nice shiny new sport bikes. 6. Anyone who rides without all proper gear, rides recklessly or rides beyond his limits.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
A squid is derived from the latin root: SQUIRLY KID.... It is an affliction that strikes many retarded riders that feel the need to wheelie down residential streets while wearing the staple wife beater, shorts and flip flops. They usually arrive at bike meets in packs and promptly inspect other riders chicken strips making comments and jokes when in reality, they've used a sander to remove their own.

Strangely enough, this condition is most prevelant amongst Gixxer owners. ;)

To avoid this ailment, stay with Honda, ride within your limits and always wear your gear. ;)

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
a squid doesnt have to be a motorcycle rider... pretty much anybody who is being stupid about doing anything... mostly used for someone new to something who either thinks they already know everything and clearly know nothing or is just a dumbass.

ive seen people that i know are good riders doing the stupid task of riding in shorts... pretty stupid thing to do but i wouldnt call them squids necessarily (a few of them anyway). also there is no helmet law in Illinois so thats common too

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ok i take that back lol... i would call them squids. but some at least have a little more common sense than others.

funny that the two guys in particular im talking about ride suzukis hahaha

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I think the new one is.. I have a helmet and a helmet strap so I just put the helmet on the strap while I ride.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
tripage said:
I think the new one is.. I have a helmet and a helmet strap so I just put the helmet on the strap while I ride.
yeah one of the same guys i was talkin about up there does that exact same thing too.... lol

that picture forgot to say "make sure you are riding a suzuki"

·
Registered
787 Posts
you know how a squid doesnt have any skeleton, yeah youre gonna be like that if you crash without proper gear

1 - 20 of 64 Posts