Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously? It used to be fun when people participated. I think it's time you guys went back with the old way of doing it. You know, fluff list and all...

It gives people a chance to show off their bikes/mod list and it makes things more interesting IMO. Not just who has the best camera and took the best picture.

Just my opinion, of course. Moving along...

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
You bring up a good point. Recently it's kind of been a photography contest. Mod list didnt hurt at all. If there was "fluff" in the list then who cares. People should be able to distinguish a mod vs "fluff" if they was to get technical. Opinions are good sometimes.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Waiting for the "well it was voted to run it this way" comment.

For me BOTM got ruined when it seemed that people were voting less for the quality of the bike and what was done to it, but more because it was "the same colour as theirs" or it was "their friends bike" (whether on .net or where ever). People seem to have their allegiances.

But then I guess people can use whatever criteria they want to vote :dontknow:

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
I think that people aren't modifying these things the way they used to. Lots of people moved on to 1000s and I feel like the newer crop of riders (especially in my town), aren't interested in working on their bikes.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well this is just too bad. Guess I missed an opportunity to put my bike in. 2 stock bikes to choose from?!... Sad..

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Got to have contestans to run a contest its that simple what ever rules might be is really irrelevant after all

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Haha stayed tuned this year for my next project ;)

I agree though botm has been slower ... I think it actually may be partly to the fact that everyone uses the mobile app and it's not that easy to actually vote from the app

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
Qteter that was fixed for me when I stopped using motorcycle app (I think that was the name of the app). I can vote just fine from the mobile version of the site.

I think the rules are irrelevant with the lack of interest. It seems to me that the forum in general gets less activity. Which is a shame really.

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Qteter that was fixed for me when I stopped using motorcycle app (I think that was the name of the app). I can vote just fine from the mobile version of the site.

I think the rules are irrelevant with the lack of interest. It seems to me that the forum in general gets less activity. Which is a shame really.
Yeah I do agree that there has been less activity on the forum all together

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Sheesh, don't follow them too much unless I hear someone interesting is in it but yeah, this is a sorry crop of BOTM choices.

Reminds me of some of the cars I've seen entered into classic car shows the past few years: run down to your dealer, drop $45k on a '14 Charger or '14 Mustang GT and call is a "classic". Seems like everything is getting taken over by laziness.

Mike

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Admittedly, I was one of the guys who didn't like the mod lists. Too much "XXX oil brand" and "Blah Blah Sticker" mods listed. However, after a year with it this way, I think it should revert back to the old ways. Two pictures and a list, so the hidden goodies are made known. May drum up more interest from those guys who have a stock looking bike, but mods that aren't easily visible, who think they don't stand a chance.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
My thought is that when the mods list is published then the member that has spent the most on the bike is usually the winner...

While the winner should be the one who mod their bike's look in the best way.

If I spend 3.000 U$ in shiny golden Ohlins, then I might have a chance to win it... But I wont be spending that money...

Just a thought.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I haven't been around for that long but it makes sense to me that there's less activity in the winter time where a good portion of the country is, well, kinda frozen... People mothball their bikes and do little outside of petting it once in a while. How different is this off-season compared to before?

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
Two stock bikes this month. Same bike, different fairings. Not much point.

I haven't gone crazy on mods but my bike isn't bone stock. You guys sure do bitch a lot but it seems like only few are participating.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts