Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, everyone will go down eventually. I been down, you been down,etc. If or when you go go down I hope for the best for you all. Personaly I never want to see or hear about anyone crashing.

BUT SERIOUSLY every single time im on here I see some guy get a BRAND NEW bike then 2 months down the road the guy crashes. WTF. Do people not read or pay attention to members advise.

How hard is it. MSF Course, learn on a easier bike and upgrade later down the road. Take all the saftey measuses you can. and Practice, practice, F***ing Practice.

My GF started perfect. First bike 98 250 + course and had all her gear months before her bike. Plus rode in the neighborhood for countless of mile before she hit the streets. Not saying shes never going to crash but im impressed with her riding. And she practices whenever she possibly can.

All Im saying is WTF does it take to get it in their heads?

I never want to see a rider down EVER. But if these new rider are going to get brand new bikes, all I have to say is I hope their ok but I so glad they have to spend a lot more $$$ to fix their BRAND NEW bikes.

It just pisses me off to see so many lives at risk and brand new bike going down. Hell if they just going to F**k up their 08 - 09 CBR just give it to me i'll give you mine.

A hard head makes for a soft ass.

·
Registered
543 Posts
hehe good advice but i dont think they come here until they crash and are ready to post up of what happened:) but by then its too late.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Man, i wish I could get an 07+ but right now I dont have the $$$$. But wow talk about $9500 going to waste. And then watching my Insurance goes up.

My lady got her 25 for $1500. I see you can crash those bike and still they run strong. Much Much forgiving bike repair,crash and cost wise, plus their fun as hell.

Maybe Im having guy PMS lol. But seriously I just sick of this crap. Maybe it's the "Being COOL" factor!?!?!

Not only can stupidity kill them, but they can kill someone else.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I hear what your saying Unique, the problem seems to be people starting off on bikes that are easy to ride, like ours, but far to powerful for thier ability. They hit a corner to hot and panic, grab some front brake and that's enough. I dont believe everyone will crash though, I havent, touch wood. A guy I knew, 22 years old crashed and killed myself last week on an Aprila sportsbike, hadnt been riding long. He overtook a friend in a car coming up towards a juction, slid on some gravel and went straight into a lamppost. It's almost always inexperiece that causes these all to regular crashes.

I think over the years the real price of entry of a 160+ bike is lower now than in the past. cheap finance and insurance makes it all to easy for beginners to hand over a few hundred dollars and off they go. I think all new riders should be forced to do much harder tests.

·
Registered
165 Posts
used is def the way to go regardless if your a noob or not..a lot of time you can find stock bikes with under 1k on them for thousands less than new...but i do cosign with not liking to see people and/or new bikes go down

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
I agree with the OP however you can never stop people with money. Alot of the problem is money when a newb sees a sweet looking bike thats what they see a sweet looking bike and if they can afford it they buy it. They dont look at the dangers or their inabilities to ride it, its can I afford this bike or not. I don't agree everyone will go down but I do agree inexperiance greatly increases your chance of going down. I know people who have been riding 20+ years never been down and I know people who rode 6 months and went down. The new riders don't always need to start on a smaller bike its smart but not always neccesary its those who buy a sport bike and don't respect the power get themselves in a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I took the MSF course, started on a Ninja 500, and moved up to my CBR when I was ready. I am much more confident in my abilities on this bike than I would have been if I just went out and bought a bike. Around here the MSF course if $25. Best $25 I've ever spent. It also makes you appreciate your 600SS much more after learning on a beginners bike.

·
Registered
403 Posts
+1 for this post.. there is nothing wrong with buying a used motorcycle, noobs just have a lot of money to waste.. just sad to see a new RR down every week because of OP error.. If your new to the scene take the MSF course and wear your gear don't be a squid...

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
I took the MSF course, started on a Ninja 500, and moved up to my CBR when I was ready. I am much more confident in my abilities on this bike than I would have been if I just went out and bought a bike. Around here the MSF course if $25. Best $25 I've ever spent. It also makes you appreciate your 600SS much more after learning on a beginners bike.

Did not know they made a 600SS lmao j/k man we know what you mean

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very true. But I think there should be some type of system where dealerships can't sell to someone that doesn't have an endoursement <--spelling?)...I know that wont stop it all together but it would help.

I only been riding for about 5 years. Im not a noob but I'm also not a pro by any means. I know my limit and I know how much I can push it. Quick note (I finally got my chicken strips off and feel real comfrotable with leaning deep but I practice. Im going to be working at track days during the summer starting May 9th. My first trackday will be June 8th so I can get the knee down.
Last Thursday I met a guy about a block from where I live. He tell me he always sees me riding and want to chill to ride sometime. I ask him how long he's been riding for? He tells 5 months, and he been down twice already and for 3 of those 5 months hes been rebuilding hi bike lol. Im thinking newb mistakes he learned from it and i'll ride easy with him.

So we went for a quick ride and this guy is pushes it harder than me. Guy was doing about a buck 20 in a 45. WTF ........Now he's blowing me up to ride with him....Personally I dont think I can watch some I know go down and the way he rides most likely kill himself or someone.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

TWENTY FIVE DOLLAS .........TWENTY FIVE DOLLAS.........WtF..........Twenty FIVE DOLLAS...........:headscrat............I'll want my $200 back then.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Unique RR I feel what your saying everyone just needs to ride at their own pace, it not about who's faster. If someone asks me to ride with them and then they were doing 120 in a 45 that would probably be the last time I would ride with them. These are the kind of people who get others and themselves hurt. I have done a lot of street riding and I am still learning everyday.

·
Registered
939 Posts
^^ 1st video clip; ''Oh f*ck, f*ck, f*ck me....'' classic reaction.

I reckon if you showed beginners or non-riders how much you can still brake while leant over they wouldn't beleive you....loading the front tyre slightly before really hard brakng is not a natural reaction but thats the way.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
what many fail to realize too is that you can use slight rear brake. SLIGHT. everyone engrains this... ignore the rear brake. You can use the rear if you dont lock it up and not stand the bike up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I totally agree with you all about this..I have owned so many bikes and yet to buy new..I also have seen so many nice shiny new bikes get all wadded up by young kids...

However sometimes it is not the rider and **** does happen..I have never known anybody to start on a 250..I have always felt it kinda gives false hope on power and control...Learn to ride what you are going to ride..Now taking time and learning and getting the knowledge of your bike is very important..

So I agree some people DONT need new bikes, hell some dont need bikes at all but to each his own i guess...

God speed and keep the rubber side down....

1 - 20 of 253 Posts