Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been in communication with brian from stg he is more than willing to hear your situation and will resolve the matter to his best extent which is all that i needed to hear.... its good buisness on how he handeled my unique situation with that said i will do buisness again and hopefully all goes well i will be purchasing a set of tires from them again very soon and i will love to leave a positive review on that purchase!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh Lets Not Forget They Not Only Let Me Down But They Let The Friend I Was Buying The Other Tire For Also So Now What Do I Do Other Than Try To Track Down A Race Tire On Saturday? Not....going.....to....happen!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
STG can't speak for fedex anyway...not sure why you would take their word on that. You should have paid for the overnight. By the way overnight doesn't deliver on weekends unless you pay extra for that.

You can order individual PP tires from STG web site. Why would they say you can't when you called? Your story sounds fishy...I've never had any problems with STG.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STG can't speak for fedex anyway...not sure why you would take their word on that. You should have paid for the overnight. By the way overnight doesn't deliver on weekends unless you pay extra for that.

You can order individual PP tires from STG web site. Why would they say you can't when you called? Your story sounds fishy...I've never had any problems with STG.
yeah i have never had any problems either except for this you cant get the regular pp race but the pp's you can.... they only sell the power race in the 4 tire deal! i understand why my thing is when i called them and asked for saturday delivery he reassured me i did not need too.... told me quote" wont be an issue"

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You said it yourself. This is your own fault in more ways than one. You should have demanded to pay for the overnight.
yeah i agree to a certain extent but i was willing to pay for my procrasinating.... truthfully i did not know i was going to this trackday untill wed of this week!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Why not just buy a tire at the track?

I have never had a problem with Sportbiketrackgear, and I have ordered thousands of dollars with of stuff from them.

If you have an issue with them, why not talk to Brian?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wondering if something happen with Fedex or maybe further west then you and I. I had ordered some stuff from cyclesector and it was sked for monday but some how it got resked for the 4th also. But you should have been spoken to like that as a paying customer.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not just buy a tire at the track?

I have never had a problem with Sportbiketrackgear, and I have ordered thousands of dollars with of stuff from them.

If you have an issue with them, why not talk to Brian?
well i plan on taking an old take off and rocking that if i must but the track im going to unless and individual has a tire and a changer i will be outta luck none the less it should not have happened and i agree i have never had a problem untill now but this is a mistake i cant afford nor will i ever again!

I wondering if something happen with Fedex or maybe further west then you and I. I had ordered some stuff from cyclesector and it was sked for monday but some how it got resked for the 4th also. But you should have been spoken to like that as a paying customer.
i was wondering the same..... however i should not be talked down too nor should i have been told the wrong information...so i agree 100%

oh fyi here it is 1:00pm and i still have no tires so im screwed!

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
that's shitty man but never heard bad things like that from sportbike trackgear. it's not their fault if fedex didn't deliver, but still...
+1 for buying tires at the trackday. normally they are very close in price to some online vendors and def cheaper install charges than any dealership.
what track day are you attending?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's shitty man but never heard bad things like that from sportbike trackgear. it's not their fault if fedex didn't deliver, but still...
+1 for buying tires at the trackday. normally they are very close in price to some online vendors and def cheaper install charges than any dealership.
what track day are you attending?
im going to putnam park with curve chasers tomorrow there is no tire vendor there i would have to buy from someone who brought a spare.... and hopefully tools to change it cuz i change my own tires with a no mar tire changer!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
this is honestly one of the first time's i've ever heard of something bad coming out of STG, I usually deal with Jason or Jeff over there and i've had my stuff right away. Fedex is horrible in my opinion (maybe because ups shows up at 9 am :) )

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Whenever a deal gets mixed up....it is frustrating. I understand that. But STG is a fine outfit and I know Brian tries always to do it right. Look at the time he puts into reviews on youtube. These are incredibly helpful when buying online.

PPPPPP = Prior Planing Prevents P_ss Poor Performance = last minute panic purchases can easily go awry. Cut STG some slack. I know you are disappointed. I would be too. But, again, these things happen to the best operations. What does Geico say......99% customer satisfaction....I bet that 1% doesn't like the gekko much.

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
I bought $1700 from STG a few wks ago, got all my stuff in 2 days except for the 520 kit and I was told it would be a few days extra before I ordered. Talked to Brain.

Will call him and order from him again for sure.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Wait, so you bought tires from out-of-state, having the FedEx'd to your place, on a Friday, and you thought they'd get to your place on Saturday? There's multiple problems with that:

1. Next-day delivery for an order shipped on a Friday means it'll arrive on Monday.
2. To get something delivered on Saturday (assuming it's shipped on Friday), you have to pay a premium for Next-day AND Saturday service (if it's being shipped Thursday, you have to pay for two-day and Saturday service).

These are the same rules everywhere for everything involving FedEx (and UPS, for that matter).

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't get why you guys are trying to come down on the op. Obviously he did the last minute shopping which is FINE! He was told by the STG employee that it would DEFINITELY come the next day and that he would not need to spend the extra $$. If an employee can assure me of this, than obviously I will take his word because you would expect him to know something.

STG has been good to me, I have spent a good amount of $$ with them. There were times where my orders weren't even processed for shipping and I got screwed and had to wait another week. Things aren't perfect but it's whatever, it sucks to always b*tch about it..

But surely, the dude screwed ya over. He must of haven't got azz or something.. :bootyshak

GL!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts