Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 07rr couple months ago from someone who had it parked for a while. When i got it, it`d rough idle - it`ll purr , cough , purr cough. (warm or cold)

At first i thought it was because it was parked and there was some stale fuel or something in there , but after 500miles , some injector cleaner in the tank - the idle is still rough. (using 93 octane fuel)

I have no power loss and the bike runs great, save for this idle problem.

Anyone has suggestions for what could be causing this?

btw - Its got a 2 bros slip on, and is otherwise stock.

Tried holding a rag on the exhaust tip - to check for a back pressure issue - still the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try cleaning the throttle bodies. Might just be a little carbon buildup.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My idle got just a little bit rough when I put my Two Bros on.
Just how rough are we talking here though?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if its just an occasional note difference i wouldnt be worried about it.
probly the exhaust messing with the curve enough to change up the sounds

·
Registered
341 Posts
whats it idling at? below 1500rpms? Once mines around 1300 where it says in the manual it should be, it gets kinda rough if it goes just a shade under 1300 so maybe its simply just idling too low? when mines to low it kinda cuts in and out, and reminds me of how a single cyclender quad or something would idle, its really choppy. I have a 06 with two bros slip.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
whats it idling at? below 1500rpms? Once mines around 1300 where it says in the manual it should be, it gets kinda rough if it goes just a shade under 1300 so maybe its simply just idling too low? when mines to low it kinda cuts in and out, and reminds me of how a single cyclender quad or something would idle, its really choppy. I have a 06 with two bros slip.
07+ == non adjustable idle

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well its a regular "cough" to start and by rough , there isnt any significant change in rpms, the needle just bobs around the 1300 mark.

As far as i can tell the exhaust valve is still operational so wouldnt that keep the backpressure and AFR in check? btw - there is no O2 sensor on this bike.

It actually does sound like its idling low or is runniing a very rich fuel to air mix - kinda like a dragster , but not as rough or as loud ..lol

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
well its a regular "cough" to start and by rough , there isnt any significant change in rpms, the needle just bobs around the 1300 mark.

As far as i can tell the exhaust valve is still operational so wouldnt that keep the backpressure and AFR in check? btw - there is no O2 sensor on this bike.

It actually does sound like its idling low or is runniing a very rich fuel to air mix - kinda like a dragster , but not as rough or as loud ..lol
short of getting the bike mapped

there is nothing you can do to change it .

·
Registered
407 Posts
good tune may help.powercommander ftw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts