Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

WTT:07 R6R, Well Set-up, Race Bike for 07+ CBR

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  throttle response 
#1 ·
Im not comfortable on this bike at all and want to go back to riding a honda. This bike is insanely fast, Its just not the right bike for me. Here is the stats of what I have to bargain with:

07 R6R, 5500ish miles (500 race)
NY Salvage title, frame checked by computrack, everything straight

Stock engine
Hindle full system, with GYTR can (have a brand new hindle can also)
Power Commander 5 w/ QEM, Quickshifter, Autotune
BMC Race Filter

Traxxion ak-20 cartridge kit, extended 10mm
.95 springs in the forks
Penske Triple shock w/ 570lb spring rebuilt beginning of the season
Galfer stainless lines
Performance friction 07 compound brake pads (w/ two track days as of 7/6)
Brembo 19rcs master cylinder
Set-up for 180lb rider

Freshly painted optimal race plastics, never crashed, nice two stage paint
ETI tank protectors
Anti-slosh Fuel cell foam in the tank
Endurance engineering racing subframe
Woodcraft clip-ons, rearsets, sliders, and spools
Miscellaneous sprockets etc
Digi gear indicator
Slipper clutch mod
asv unbreakable clutch lever
stomp grip
new renthal grips

I hate to do this because I have a lot of time and effort invested in this. At the end of the day I need an 07-08 600rr with similar race bits, and a slipper clutch. I have pretty much all the parts to put this bike back to stock form (less plastics) so whatever you dont have on your bike, and I do, Ill just keep and part out or we can work out a deal for them. Ill post some pics of it tonight.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the exact same year R6 and riding it back to back with my 07 600rr numerous times showed me how well balanced the CBR motor really is. The R6 is like riding a 125 2-stroke, demanding that you have it revved almost to the point of abuse in order to get the most out of it. Other wise you would easily fall off the bikes power band. The R6 is still one sexy looking bike though and a great track day weapon. Good luck with the sale you should have a problem selling it.

#8 ·
fianlly i get a response.. lets see, my bike does NOT have a salvage title. My bike i bought brand new. I has almost as much as your does, but even in your post you stated,
I have pretty much all the parts to put this bike back to stock form (less plastics) so whatever you dont have on your bike, and I do, Ill just keep and part out or we can work out a deal for them. Ill post some pics of it tonight.
I even stated i would drive to new york and bring extra cash to work out a deal. you said you would return a phone call, or respond to pms, hell either or would have worked fine. just nothing at all makes it seem as your a douchebag, who thinks your **** is gold. its nice YES, but not gold.

sorry we couldnt work out a deal.

peace

#9 ·
fianlly i get a response.. lets see, my bike does NOT have a salvage title. My bike i bought brand new. I has almost as much as your does, but even in your post you stated, I even stated i would drive to new york and bring extra cash to work out a deal. you said you would return a phone call, or respond to pms, hell either or would have worked fine. just nothing at all makes it seem as your a douchebag, who thinks your **** is gold. its nice YES, but not gold.

sorry we couldnt work out a deal.

peace
Wow, glad we didnt work out a deal, looks like there would have been other issues from you. I apologize for not getting back to you, it slipped my mind as I have been busy. Your bike is missing about 2k in suspension, spares etc, its not even close to what I was asking for. I could not have made out with the bike I was asking for at the end of the day if I went with your deal. I said I was interested because you told me on facebook it had pretty much the same as my bike had. When I saw your for sale ad, it was another story. But your right I should have gotten back to you sooner and I apologize for not letting you know I was not interested. No need for name calling, grow up...

#11 ·
Trade only? How much would you sell it for?

#12 ·
Im not looking to sell right now, Its towards the end of the race season and im looking for something already set-up/sorted out I can hop on and ride and not have to mess with like I did with this bike. I am still sorting out an issue with the PCV right now so Im on the fence because I am waiting to see if this fixes the jumpy on-off throttle response. A new PCV is on its way from dynojet right now and I have another race in 2 weeks.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.