Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to keep it in this the general discussion section for traffic reasons, let's assume it's for my bike. (Actually Christmas Shopping)

Which is better, does anyone have any negative or positive feedback for either provider. I am going to do my own comparison shopping but I REALLY VALUE THIS BOARDS OPINION. I have no experience with either, Paying for radio just seems wrong but I may hook my parents up for xmas.

Any brand receivers I should avoid? Other than Audiovox, which is obvious. I'm leaning towards Delphi, But no experience there either.

Thanx

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Sirius if u like to listen to Howard stern. Funny ass guy. I don't agree with him alot but he's still funny. I know 2 people who have XM hooked up on their bike. They love it. They run it thru their chatterboxes which are hooked into the bike also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your in luck. I sell both. Honestly it depends on who is running the better deal at the time. One of them is always running some special on hardware and believe it or not that audiovox piece isnt that bad. I would most likely go with a kenwood or alpine though, it would depend on if you are looking for a stand alone unit or a cd player with a tuner in it. As far as programming goes. They are very similiar. Sirius will cost you a few dolors more but you will have less commercials than on XM. I know paying for radio sounds weird but I never listen to local radio anymore.....hate the commercials. Just check at your local stereo shop, most shops sell both or you can check out both xm and sirius web sites to find out what specials are running. Performance between the two is about the same. Stay away from Best Buy and Circuit, I would go with a well know independant in your area.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drewbalsman said:
Your in luck. I sell both. Honestly it depends on who is running the better deal at the time. One of them is always running some special on hardware and believe it or not that audiovox piece isnt that bad. I would most likely go with a kenwood or alpine though, it would depend on if you are looking for a stand alone unit or a cd player with a tuner in it. As far as programming goes. They are very similiar. Sirius will cost you a few dolors more but you will have less commercials than on XM. I know paying for radio sounds weird but I never listen to local radio anymore.....hate the commercials. Just check at your local stereo shop, most shops sell both or you can check out both xm and sirius web sites to find out what specials are running. Performance between the two is about the same. Stay away from Best Buy and Circuit, I would go with a well know independant in your area.
I love this site, Not even 10 minutes and an informed reply. I was thinking the stand alone so they could take it in any vehicle.

btw, I may actually buy 3 or 4 of these units for the sisters and myself for xmas. I was also going to do a year of prepaid service for them if possible! Any multiple quantity discounts drew??

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have XM through my Pioneer stereo and love it. It's very nice for those long trips when you can't find a radio station and don't want to listen to CDs. I don't have any experience with Sirius but can tell you I really like the XM.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have XM hooked in from the factory (GMC) and love it. Had a loaner one day that had Sirius, and didn't like it as much, couldn't seem to find a good station to stick with. Also, XM has a great Comedy Station that I love to listen to.

Short version of this post: XM ;-)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I actually have both....I know, your thinking "WTF, both??". XM has Nascar Radio and I think they are getting a baseball package too. They both have good comedy channels. Sirius has NFL games and NFL Radio, good talk radio, and a better selection of music IMO. If Sirius would get Nascar Radio, I would cancel the XM account. I like them both, but really the Nascar channel is the only reason I keep XM, that and the g/f`s car has a mobile setup in it for the XM, keeps her happy.

One more thing....you will NEVER listen to regular radio again, not even for things like traffic reports and breaking news. When this stuff came out I though, why pay for this service? I`ve had both for one and a half years now and never once regretted paying for the service.

C

·
0 Posts
SIRIUS. Stern, Opie and Anthony, NFL.

Stern may be getting released early from his contract too, so he may be on SIRIUS before Jan 06.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have XM, but it really doesn't matter and you can't go wrong with XM or Sirius. And if your sound system sucks, it's really sad as I think your wasting your money because you can't enjoy the clear sound that the sat radio has to offer. I was thinking yeah, yeah, sat radio. Big deal. It wasn't until I listen that I was totally amazed. Just think CD quality for radio. I think the portable units are worth getting, as you can hook it up to the vehicle, then take it with you like a walkman. You can even dub the output, then burn the mix to CD or ipod.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Unfortunatly we dont make a whole lot of money on sat. radios, and our dealer aggrement prohibits me from shipping products to you. But I will add that if you are looking at prepaying for a subscription that Sirius is the way to go. They offer big discounts if you prepay. I have had several customers buy a lifetime subscription. Check out their web site for more info www.sirius.com
Drew

·
Registered
932 Posts
We got XM with our Acura. One of my buddies has Sirius in his car. If you ask me, I think it's pretty much six of one; a half-dozen of the other.

·
Registered
624 Posts
GoBB155 said:
I have XM through my Pioneer stereo and love it. It's very nice for those long trips when you can't find a radio station and don't want to listen to CDs. I don't have any experience with Sirius but can tell you I really like the XM.

Is there any other piece of equipment that you need when you have the Pioneer radios equipped with XM?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts