Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so i found a nail in my back tire today.. after some calling around took it to a shop about 30 mi. away to get a set of pilot powers mounted (was running pilot sport front w/ dunlop rear). anyway, what is it w/ ppl always wanting to see the mad docs bend?? after my tires were mounted i see that my mad docs locking mechanism is no longer operational (fuckers). let this be a warning to anyone else who has em. might as well not lock them since someone is bound to come break them. albeit they do stay in place still, so it's not too bad...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Ceph said:
i'd go back and make them pay for it.
i would definately go back and get them to replace them!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I would make them pay for it as well but I can't wait to here what they have to say when you tell them they are 100 bucks!

Advice to everyone that owns these. I had the same problems you guys did, everyone wants to bend them so ya know what I did? I took that freakin' allen bolt that stops them from bending out. Now people can move them all they like! I also did some testing and put them strait out going down the road doing 75, they did not even move with the botl out... So really all that locking allen bolt is a headache waiting to happen.

Remove it now!

Jason

PS: Hands down though, Mad Doc's look awesome!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I get guys asking all the time, "Are they adjustable?" and some have even tried to move em. For one, don't touch my bike and for two, yes but you have to loosen an allen bolt first.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
When I first put mine on I couldn't figure out how to move them and ended up snapping them back without loosening the screw. Just set them back in place and retighten the screw. You should be all good.

I wouldn't recomend crashing with them though because the mounting plate snaps off like a hot knife through butter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wish that would work, it's like the whole locking mechanism snapped. i can't use the allen wrench :/... really as long as it doesn't move when riding, which it doesn't seem to, i am not too worried.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts