Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited and also sort of nervous since I will finally get to start my bike up again tomorrow after this long winter.. The roads are finally 90% salt free and it will be in the mid 40's... I can't wait to RIDE!!! :lol2: :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Im not pulling mine out for about 2 or 3 more weeks....mid 40's? Are you on crack? :shock:

Have fun thawing out :lol2:

Just messing with you....enjoy!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the temp won't bother much... I just have to bundle up. I have just been waiting for the salt to get off the roads and it is finally GONE!! I can't wait. Mid 50's next week... :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dude...when ya live up in the midwest (I am 20 minutes from the WI border; an hour or so from Milwaukee), ya get used to the cold. I can drive comfortably in the 40's so long as I have long johns and a long sleeve shirt underneath my jacket. It's the 30's and 20's that ya gotta look out for. I drove into work ONE time when it was 26 degrees outside.....now THAT was crack induced....and it won't happen again...lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just came back from my first ride after the loooong winter, it was about 5 celsius, works out to about high 30s? man was it ever cold, no long john, only jeans and sweater. the ride is not long, but it's feels gooood :bounce:

N

·
0 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it. I'm in Cali and anything under 65 is too much for me....lol

Besides, anywhere in the 40's or 30's can still mean the roads are slick, no?

·
Registered
82 Posts
it's actually not that bad

closer to the curb and around the corner at intersection is where you have to watch out, still have a lot of sand in those area. but other than that, the road is dry.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
TRBO2NR said:
I am very excited and also sort of nervous since I will finally get to start my bike up again tomorrow after this long winter.. The roads are finally 90% salt free and it will be in the mid 40's... I can't wait to RIDE!!! :lol2: :cool:
Wear a scarf, my neck gets the coldest in those temps.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
mid 40's? Are you on crack? :shock:

Have fun thawing out :lol2:
BLAH! 40 is a nice day here! I rode last week when it was only 20 somethin degrees out. They dont salt the roads here...just gotta watch out for all the gravel they put down!! Dress warm and stay away from road stripes and all will be well!

C

·
0 Posts
lopab23 said:
Dude...when ya live up in the midwest (I am 20 minutes from the WI border; an hour or so from Milwaukee), ya get used to the cold. I can drive comfortably in the 40's so long as I have long johns and a long sleeve shirt underneath my jacket. It's the 30's and 20's that ya gotta look out for. I drove into work ONE time when it was 26 degrees outside.....now THAT was crack induced....and it won't happen again...lol
Im originally from Texas, and although this is my 7th (although not consecutive) winter here....I can NEVER get used to the snow. I could only guess what its like in Wisconsin. I need to move somewhere warmer. Someone help me find a marketing job in a wamer climate, PLEAAASE!!! lol :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Today wasn't bad in MN, I had to work, but my girlfriend was out learning how to ride her bike. Her first day w/ the F4i. I'm so proud!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Been riding in 40* weather and the roads are almost 100% salt free. You can push the bike a fair amount but don't get overzealous I've hit the brink but its further than I thought it would be. . . Damn its good to ride again. supposed to be 50s tomorrow here in cincy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
fired her up and went for a lil toolie after work . forcast says thunderstorm about wednesday , hopefully it's enough to clean the backroads and side streets . piles of salt and sand from last fridays snowstorm . :(

·
Registered
700 Posts
lopab23 said:

Yeah, im in Milwaukee, and in the midwest once it gets into the high 30's or low 40's it feels real good. Its crazy how nice 35 and sunny feels. I know how you feel. Anything feels good after 3 months of single digit temps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts