Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a CBR 600RR, and I've gotta replace the ECU, I don't know what year the motor is though, would anyone know a location on the engine, that would suggest the year?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm assuming no ECU is on the bike at all, because if there is the part number is right on it.

The VIN is on the frame neck. Bunch of VIN decoders online that will tell you what the bike is.

But if the motor has been swapped out (not likely) that won't help you.

Then just ask your friends Google and YouTube:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming no ECU is on the bike at all, because if there is the part number is right on it.

The VIN is on the frame neck. Bunch of VIN decoders online that will tell you what the bike is.

But if the motor has been swapped out (not likely) that won't help you.

Then just ask your friends Google and YouTube:

Add a picture of the bike. It also says the year right smack dab in the middle of Honda vin plates.
I was hoping to find it somewhere on the motor. Because the cbr600rr motor was installed in the stretched frame of a 4wheeler, and had been running great! But the ECU burned out and I'm trying to figure out what year model the engine is so I can order one for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like a 03-06 airbox though can you zoom out a bit and give me a pic of the entire airbox? Or side of the motor.

Edit: nvm your motor is a 03-06 motor based off of that air box. The part number HM MEE E1 comes up as those blocks though so 03-04 vs a 05-06 motor. It may not make a difference lemme dig around quick.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
What year is your bike? It will state it on your title or bill of sale. You can also find it on the vin number plat on the left side of the frame.
It's not in the bike, he's stated that above. There is no CBR attached to this motor. I'm starting to think it's a 03-04 but I wanna be 100% sure before I just tell him one or the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like a 03-06 airbox though can you zoom out a bit and give me a pic of the entire airbox? Or side of the motor.

Edit: nvm your motor is a 03-06 motor based off of that air box. The part number HM MEE E1 comes up as those blocks though so 03-04 vs a 05-06 motor. It may not make a difference lemme dig around quick.
Thank you so much. I've been going crazy tryin to figure out where at, if any place on the motor that would have some number sequence which would steer me the right direction

·
Registered
156 Posts
To be honest I'm learning right now with you. 😂 I'm a kawi guy I've just worked on a good amount of these/ have one as a track bike. I'll keep a look out to figure it out. The sensor (iat sensor) that goes into the top of the airbox I'm pretty sure will tell us one way or another.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I sure do appreciate it, thank you very much

·
Registered
156 Posts
No problem here's more info from a forum OG @OveRReV ...... It's a bit of work but I'll quote his post below

" You can tell the difference between the 03-04 & 05-06 600RR engines the code that is cast on the head, it's on the intake side right beside where the thermostat housing is bolted to the head, it's big.

MEE-1G = 03-04
MEE-2G = 05-06

Not a problem at all man good luck.
On a side note....what is the frame you're running it in? I remember years ago a kid was ripping around my city on r6 powered raptor. Thing would rip burnouts till the wheels would debead if you'd let it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts