Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so yesterday I was spraying some Plexus on my bike and I noticed some discoloring on the lower fairing near the kickstand. It looks like a coffee stain, any ideas on what might remove this? I think maybe some gas flowed out of the overflow tube and then stained the fairing. Anyone else have any exprience with this?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Pics would help,

But I think I have seen this before and I am pretty sure what you are seeing is actually a burn and it will never come off..

Are your fairings white?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the bike is pearl white. I took a picture but didn't upload it yet, i agree I thought it might have been a burn as well due to maybe the exhaust being very close. I'll post a pic later when I get home. If its burned in that would somewhat suck. Thankfully its not in a obvious spot and its small.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
It is most likely oil coming from the overflow tube. In fact, I am positive that is what it is.

·
4,495 Posts
Put a sticker over it!! You can try polishing it up, or maybe wetsanding.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your probably right about the oil, but why the hell would oil come from the overflow tube?

·
4,495 Posts
Did ya fill your oil too high? It could also very likely be from the fuel overflow line too

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
mine always gets wax/lube buildup there whenever i spray the chain too much.. probably that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts