Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please respond if you feel the urge.

I bought the yellow over my first choice, BLACK '03, for visibility reasons.

It Worked. I haven't had a single car pull out in front of me. More often than not, you can see the driver wishing they had one (a 600RR).

Just curious how you other yellow riders have been making out.

Eric.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I read a study on motorcyclecruiser.com or somewhere about the % of yellow bikes on the road and their relavite % of losers pulling out in front of em, etc. and the ratio was very cool.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably get the yellow with a cool LOOK AT ME blinding yellow Shoei I saw on their website. Yellow looks killer and you get the benefit of at least a better chance of a moron seeing you.

My blue power ranger outfit and blue bike have been lucky so far.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maztheman said:
don't you mean no tractors have pulled out in front off you...LOL upstate NY joke. i used to live in 'cuse
Yeah, I hear ya. Traffic around here is a car going the other direction. But believe me. We have our share of complete idiot drivers. A lot of those 80 plus seniors that go down to florida for the winter come back up to NY for the summer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well considering the area of Jersey I'm from, I don't think that color really matters here. They will pull out in front of you anyway. I chose yellow, and the visibility wasn't really one of the deciding factors, but definitely a bonus.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
so far yellow's done me right... the only time a car pulled out in front of me was when some old fart was behind the wheel... he was probably so old and his vision was so bad that i probably blent in with the background...

for the most part i get those man, i wish i had the balls to get one of those bikes looks, but then everyonce in a while i'll get the you're a [email protected]'n menace to society looks, usually from older ladies.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can't tell what kind of looks they are but they come from all angles on the yellow. I suppose it's that way on all the RR's though. :cool:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I got the yellow for high visibility and so far (4500 miles) no problems with being seen. Of course maybe the modulating high beam has something to do with it.

Be seen.....of be dead :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yellow was the color for me . My previous bikes were black and the other was blue. With those colors it seemed that people would see me but usually when I was all up on them. When I was looking to get the RR. I knew it was going to be yellow. Visibilty was definetly a deciding factor. Yellow always attracts attention.Now I am more visible to people in cars and big rigs. I drive on the freeway in S. California during the day and night. I love to drive at night. I have not had as many close calls as before. I knew the bright yellow would always be visible. When you are out there in traffic, be it in city,lonely road or on the Freeway, that little extra can sure save your rear. The only drawback is that most Officers of the law can see you from a distance and they are always looking at me and the speed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My f4i is yellow, and i got it for the visibility...don't want to get rammed from behind or merged into. I still want the Black or the red '04 RR tho...I'll just learn to avoid cagers more until i get the new bike.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
I guess i kinda got the yellow for the visability, or more like i seen it on the showroom floor, and couldn't stop staring at it. I love the color and get looks from everyone. Only had one cager think about pulling out in front of me, but she didn't. the bright yellow must have caught her eye. Either way i wouldn't trade colors. Not to mention, yellow is faster, lol :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got yellow thinking girls like yellow vs other colors so I would be one up on my friends. . . then they all bought yellow bikes :roll:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wanted yellow in the beginning but i got my heart set on the '03 black or the '04 blue!! those are some HOT colors!! I am wondeing how cheesy it might look if I put some thing REFLECTOR lines on the outline of the rear of the RR? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Refectors. That is not a bad idea. It is all for safety. WHere would you put it . Maybe if they made a frame for the licence that would reflect oncoming light.
If that is to much maybe just some clothing that have reflective material. Some jackets have that.
If it can prevent an accident , why not.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I got the yellow it's the best looking one. No problems (yet) with cager's pulling out. Only problem i have is ladies pulling out the thongs and throwin them at me. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
VISIBILITY

When I bought my yellow rr, I never considered if it was good looking in that color or not. I bought the yellow for visibility, just like the all-white helmet, yellow and black leathers and all the lighting and reflectors that I left stock. I ride with hi beams on all the time. I ride where I know I can be seen and when I can't ride there, I make sure I ride where I cannot be hit. Last on my list is the fun I'm having while riding! I love this bike.. :cool:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has not helped me any... stupid cagers!!! :twisted:

What I do like is the one headlight on for low beam, two on for high beam. There was a big Dodge truck that wanted to turn left off a side street onto the road I was on (to head in opposite direction of me)... I flashed between low and high beam a few times, he saw me (he was on the cell phone...), stopped rolling forward, and waved hello as I rolled past. Of course, I had already down shifted and was dragging the rear brake waiting to punch the front binders hard if he did not stop rolling out.

That is the first "almost" I have had where it was the cager seeing me and doing the right thing!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wanted the Red because they were the official racing colours and mostly because they were selling out like crazy ..I bought the yellow because of partly because of the visibility and mostly because it was a unique yellow....afetr i took it out of the showroom ....i was glad i did not get the red or black....the yellow is just so sharp.....and by the way everybody and their mother has a red or a black one...and guess what....they dont make the yellow anymore...its a classic :banban:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've had a lady pull out in front of me on my Canary but she did it intentionally as I was passing her in the median in traffic and she didn't like the fact that I could say F*ck traffic and she couldn't.

I've also had a loser cager on a cell phone decide to split lanes with me, again fully intentional.

Other than that I love my Yellow with the reservation that the road rash really stands out. Damn Stunts!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts