Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trying to kill some time today prior to UPS dropping off my new boots so I decided to make a little video showing the progress of my bike and current mods, as little as they are. :01_thumbu

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the academy award goes to...

Lol, nice progress...
Thanks... lol UPS tracking gave me a time frame so I didn't want to leave the house and really couldn't clean the bike more than I already had.:bounce:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Ha- I got a UPS delivery tomorrow (Sidi Boots & Street Pants) and they usually come between 2 & 3, but my bikes at the DAMN SHOP!!! So there will be no cleaning or riding until I get the call from them (which will hopefully be real soon)...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hey Slick, what tail light model is that? I went to customled.com and didn't see one for the 07+ models yet. How does it fit? Do you have a gap between the lens? Any information in regards to your experiences with the light would help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Slick, what tail light model is that? I went to customled.com and didn't see one for the 07+ models yet. How does it fit? Do you have a gap between the lens? Any information in regards to your experiences with the light would help. Thanks in advance.
I, along with another member which I got the idea from, purchased the 03-06 model and the flasher relay. I took a dremel sanding wheel to some of the edges that made it not fit so well. Just kept sanding till I found it to be satisfactory then with the tail off, force it in and used masking tape to hold it in place and trimmed the black inner tray and put the tail back on and removed the tape. It's pressure fitted in there (basically the black tray holds it in place) and I've put 1500ish miles on it and it's going NOWHERE. The only gap you can see is if you get under the bike and look up at the corner edge it has maybe an 1/8" gap, but not affecting anything, nor noticable to anyone but you. As far as quality and brightness, FAR better than any stock light, plenty of customizing patterns and strobe effect. Plenty bright during direct sunlight and BLINDING at night. You can also adjust the brightness at running and braking. (Bonus) If you do end up going with the light, which I strongly recommend, my buddy bought one with the relay but totaled his bike a day before he got it and would sell it at least $10 cheaper with shipping. Still in the package it was shipped and unopened. Let me know.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NICE VIDEO MAN !! ... im getting that same helmet but i dont know weather to go with a black sheild or a mirror sheild... what do u think looks better OP ?
I paid the $80 for the mirrored shield and LOVE it during the day. Direct sunlight is not a problem and it just looks BA. During the night however, it sucks if youre not on well lit roads. Changing to the clear visor isnt much of a pain once you do it a few times to "break in" the notches. Takes literally 30 seconds to swap so overall I love the mirrored visor. Well worth it IMO for daytime riding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You were definitely bored. But nice bike. Only.... No Honda Love? you took all the decals off!!!! Looks sharp without the pointless ones, but you hafta sport that 600RR on the tail!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hrmmm, I'll definitely think about it. Nonetheless, thanks for all the information. Problems for me: 1) I don't own a dremel 2) I've read other posts where members spent HOURS trimming it to fit correctly. I'm also kind of leaning towards Tripage's kit. I'll let you know if I'm interested though. Thanks again man.

I, along with another member which I got the idea from, purchased the 03-06 model and the flasher relay. I took a dremel sanding wheel to some of the edges that made it not fit so well. Just kept sanding till I found it to be satisfactory then with the tail off, force it in and used masking tape to hold it in place and trimmed the black inner tray and put the tail back on and removed the tape. It's pressure fitted in there (basically the black tray holds it in place) and I've put 1500ish miles on it and it's going NOWHERE. The only gap you can see is if you get under the bike and look up at the corner edge it has maybe an 1/8" gap, but not affecting anything, nor noticable to anyone but you. As far as quality and brightness, FAR better than any stock light, plenty of customizing patterns and strobe effect. Plenty bright during direct sunlight and BLINDING at night. You can also adjust the brightness at running and braking. (Bonus) If you do end up going with the light, which I strongly recommend, my buddy bought one with the relay but totaled his bike a day before he got it and would sell it at least $10 cheaper with shipping. Still in the package it was shipped and unopened. Let me know.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You were definitely bored. But nice bike. Only.... No Honda Love? you took all the decals off!!!! Looks sharp without the pointless ones, but you hafta sport that 600RR on the tail!
When I bought it with a mere 700 miles on it, they were all gone but the warning labels!!! lol The guy kinda went a$$ backwards with that but now I've grown so accustomed to it, I like not having a single sticker on her.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hrmmm, I'll definitely think about it. Nonetheless, thanks for all the information. Problems for me: 1) I don't own a dremel 2) I've read other posts where members spent HOURS trimming it to fit correctly. I'm also kind of leaning towards Tripage's kit. I'll let you know if I'm interested though. Thanks again man.

You're more than welcome man. I, too was gonna go with Tripage's light but couldn't wait any longer. I didn't have a stock light and the one the first owner put up there blew and I actually believed I was going to get a$$ packed from someone not seeing me. No more my friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts