Your bike was stolen while...

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so your bike was stolen...

So ive been on this forum for awhile now, and every week there is at least 1 thread about getting a bike stolen, so id decided to make a poll about the circumstances. it seems almost every time you hear a bikes been stolen its never parked in a garage, its always out in the open, whether it has some form of protection against theft (security) id like to know, what the circumstances are for your bike being stolen.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Does a bicycle count?
Oh man, I feel your hurt. I had a Gary Fisher Pure Bender Spin (Freestyle) stolen at college. I was a dumbass and attached it to a PLASTIC chain at a lab I worked at. Gone. That bike meant the world to me; I fell like my love for bicycles died when I couldn't ride that any more. It wasn't worth a great deal, but there was a lot of sentimental attachment.

D

·
0 Posts
Oh man, I feel your hurt. I had a Gary Fisher Pure Bender Spin (Freestyle) stolen at college. I was a dumbass and attached it to a PLASTIC chain at a lab I worked at. Gone. That bike meant the world to me; I fell like my love for bicycles died when I couldn't ride that any more. It wasn't worth a great deal, but there was a lot of sentimental attachment.
That sucks. Fisher makes some damn good mountain bikes.

I had a $2.5k BMX bike stolen from my old HS. Got it back with $2k worth of damaged parts. The kid who took it is lucky I feel bad for him, 'cause he's off of probation now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was in an apartment complex with 3 bikes in one spot right in front of our kitchen window that the shades were always left up and light on. That same day I had new tires, a new tank bag, oil change and throttle lock installed to ride from FL to TN to see my parents. Woke up the next morning and someone nicely moved the other 2 bikes (85 FJ1100 and 93 Ninja 250) out of the way and stole mine. While reporting it to the police 2 other people came up and said theirs was stolen that same night as well. It was an CBR600F2 and it was never recovered.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i dont know what i would do if my cbr got jacked....
i'd probably do something really violent to the person if i found em.

but i get paranoid everywhere i go and leave my bike unattended. i wanna get that scorpio alarm but it's a bit expensive. my bike is parked on a military base overnight so i feel pretty safe.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Someone tried to steal my bike while covered in my covered parking spot in my apartments. My alarm went off when they took the cover off and that scared the robber so it spared me my bike...
Now I have a reason to use my Kryptonite chain and disc lock, as well as my usual alarm and cover (which is now locked)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Someone tried to steal my bike while covered in my covered parking spot in my apartments. My alarm went off when they took the cover off and that scared the robber so it spared me my bike...
Now I have a reason to use my Kryptonite chain and disc lock, as well as my usual alarm and cover (which is now locked)
Thats awesome, honestly I've always been a firm believer that the alarm always works well on the owner. Glad it was able to catch a bad guy too!

I guess I can say I am in the minority since my bike was recovered through lojack w/o any damage. Well I did have to buy new battery wires but that was it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'd probably do something really violent to the person if i found em.

but i get paranoid everywhere i go and leave my bike unattended. i wanna get that scorpio alarm but it's a bit expensive. my bike is parked on a military base overnight so i feel pretty safe.
False sense of security, we had a bike stolen on post a few months ago. They're letting felons and crap in the military now and it's not like thieves can't get onto post nowadays anyway.

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
I was in an apartment complex with 3 bikes in one spot right in front of our kitchen window that the shades were always left up and light on. That same day I had new tires, a new tank bag, oil change and throttle lock installed to ride from FL to TN to see my parents. Woke up the next morning and someone nicely moved the other 2 bikes (85 FJ1100 and 93 Ninja 250) out of the way and stole mine. While reporting it to the police 2 other people came up and said theirs was stolen that same night as well. It was an CBR600F2 and it was never recovered.

....but your sig says your f3 was stolen?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts