1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
122 Posts
I myself dont smoke,but i say people are gona smoke regardless, so why not legalize? The goverment could set there regulations and tax the **** out of it. Its a win-win.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huge amount of revenue from what is already being done!! I personally dont smoke it but hey to each thier own.
:+1: thank you wish we had more like minded people

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..i used to smoke weed too.[then i grew up

·
Registered
368 Posts
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..i used to smoke weed too.[then i grew up
:crackup::crackup::crackup::bootyshak:retard:

·
Registered
122 Posts

Good point there, which is why no moves are being made. Its a tough call.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I stopped smoking herb years ago but I do remember that alcohol affected my motor skills waaaaaaaaaaay more than weed did. I'm not saying that you should drive high, but comparing driving under the influence of liquor vs mary jane is apples to oranges.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
By that logic Ajay, wouldn't it be a better idea to just ban the sale of alcohol? Wouldn't that fix most of the drunk driver problems?

Regardless of the activity, there will ALWAYS be a minority that ruins it for the majority. Just because some people are stupid enough to drink and drive doesn't mean everyone should be deprived of alcohol. Some people are responsible and should be allowed to do whatever they please to their own bodies. If those actions have negative societal affects than collect money (taxes) from the sale to contribute towards counteracting those negative affects. If drunk drivers are such a problem charge a little more for alcohol so that more police can ramp up DUI patrol/check points. The higher the risk of getting caught the more likely people are to think twice about driving home drunk.

comparing driving under the influence of liquor vs mary jane is apples to oranges.
:+1:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and you think people dont drive high now? :retard:

·
Registered
652 Posts
You can't compare booze to weed... its not the same in anyway.

Ever hear of a dad beating his kids and wife cause he's high? Or reckless driving? Fighting high?

Alcohol kill's how many people a year? **** - even in a month lots of people die from alcohol... There is still no case... NO CASE... of marijuana killing anyone. Yes I understand that weed leads you on to other drug's yadda yadda yadda.... But marihuana is one of the best natural gift's on this earth - Why not enjoy it.

anyone ever watch "The Union" ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..
I'm with you, except I didn't smoke before I grew up. I'll never vote for legalizing it.

Edit:

Okay, so I just watched the vid. Now I can't stop laughing. A bunch of criminal Obama supporters make a dramatic video because they want to get stoned in public, instead of just in their own homes like they already do, and you guys are rallying your support as if proclaiming your allegiance to a glorious cause. At least one sentence in that video was definitely true:

This is getting ridiculous. But I guess this explains why people still support Obama. They're too damn stoned to give a damn about what a terrible president he is.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pbeaul said:
By that logic Ajay, wouldn't it be a better idea to just ban the sale of alcohol? Wouldn't that fix most of the drunk driver problems?
Yes, it would be better, and yes, you bet your ass it would. It wouldn't make drunk driving disappear completely, so don't jump at the chance of misquoting me as if I think it would, but making alcohol illegal would get most of our drunk drivers to stop.

And following with that same logic, making weed legal is going to make a lot of people eat their words. We're going to see a big spike in the number of weed-related car accidents. And that's why the current numbers seem to "prove" that weed doesn't affect a persons driving ability nearly as much as alcohol does.

There's no doubt in my mind that some people drive high already. But look at the number of people who actually get high, compared to the number of people who drink. There are roughly 310 million people in America, and according to the National Institute for Drug Abuse, about 3 million Americans smoke weed every day, and another 3 million smoke once a month. So around 6 million people out of around 310 million. That's about .01% - that's 1 person out of every hundred.

Conversely, according to the World Health Organization, just under 88% of Americans over age 21 drink alcohol at least once a month - that's 272.2 million Americans who drink.

272 million people in America drink alcohol at least once a month.
6 million people in America smoke weed at least once a month.

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out. But maybe it's because 45 times more people drink. Maybe.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm with you, except I didn't smoke before I grew up. I'll never vote for legalizing it.

Edit:

Okay, so I just watched the vid. Now I can't stop laughing. A bunch of criminal Obama supporters make a dramatic video because they want to get stoned in public, instead of just in their own homes like they already do, and you guys are rallying your support as if proclaiming your allegiance to a glorious cause. At least one sentence in that video was definitely true:

This is getting ridiculous.

Second Edit:

I guess this explains why people still support Obama. They're too damn stoned to give a damn about what a terrible president he is.

There is waaaaay more to it then just Obama... He's just a Poster Boy. The Legalization of marijuana goes waaaaaaay back.

Personally I really dont care if it is Legal, Its just the fact that people get frowned apon if they smoke it, just because people think its soo bad. The point of that video was not to say "Hey I get high, let me do it at work!" It was too say that there is LEGIT people out there who smoke (laywers/officers/ect ect). Canada has alot easier law's on weed, But everyone and there dog goes to jail for having a small nug on them in the States...

Its almost like a equality thing, if you think about it that way... The last 4 Mayor's that we have had in my City have been absolute drunks/alcoholics... did anyone care? Nope "cause booze is legal" Phhh.. If I was going for mayor and word went out that I smoke, Do you think I would get voted? probably not because it is frowned apon, this is why people are trying to leagilize it - to be Equal. Look at the huge deal everyone made about Obama having a hit of a joint.... WHO FUCKIN CARES!!!!!! ITS JUST A GOD DAM FLOWER!

ranting about this kinda just makes me love Canada even more... :banger:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes, it would be better, and yes, you bet your ass it would. It wouldn't make drunk driving disappear completely, so don't jump at the chance of misquoting me as if I think it would, but making alcohol illegal would get most of our drunk drivers to stop.

And following with that same logic, making weed legal is going to make a lot of people eat their words. We're going to see a big spike in the number of weed-related car accidents. And that's why the current numbers seem to "prove" that weed doesn't affect a persons driving ability nearly as much as alcohol does.

There's no doubt in my mind that some people drive high already. But look at the number of people who actually get high, compared to the number of people who drink. There are roughly 310 million people in America, and according to the National Institute for Drug Abuse, about 3 million Americans smoke weed every day, and another 3 million smoke once a month. So around 6 million people out of around 310 million. That's about .01% - that's 1 person out of every hundred.

Conversely, according to the World Health Organization, just under 88% of Americans over age 21 drink alcohol at least once a month - that's 272.2 million Americans who drink.

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out.
easy mr.scarcasm... I understand your numbers and what not... but it still stands that marijuana does not affect your moto skills as bad a alcohol does.... If anything its going to make you drive slower hah.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out. But maybe it's because 45 times more people drink. Maybe.
you should look up the numbers of death's caused my marijuana :ciao:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts