Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new 600RR rider is born. Just got my CBR 600RR yesterday. As many of you have noticed, I've been looking for a bike for a little bit now. Well this weekend, I bought one.

Many thanks to dadrider, a fellow 600rr.net boardmember. He tearfully parted ways with his beautiful ride and sold it to me at a very reasonable price. This bike is BEAUTIFUL, exceptionally CLEAN and practically brand new:

2005 Silver/Black CBR 600RR
1314 miles
All Stock + tank pad

Also, many thanks to the community, you guys and gals were a great help while I looked for a new bike. Thank you for all the help and support... and now... i can't wait to go riding.

Here's some pics:

Now it's time to start looking for new gear (damn I'm gonna be broke this summer - broke and happy).

P.S. I woulda had pictures of me doing my happy dance, but fortunately the camera was not around during that time. But rest assured, I have a HUGE ASS grin permanently plastered on my face.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on the purchase bro, wont regreat it.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
That is great news man congrats another Gaingesville member
do not go riding with no gear bro

·
Registered
912 Posts
congrats and welcome to the family. Like Moeman said, make sure to get some good gear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I've got gear guys (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots)... It's just 3 or 4 year old entry-level stuff. I decided that since I upgraded my ride, I now need to upgrade my gear.

I'm actually bummed right now because there's no license plate on the bike so I can't go ride. I will transfer my plate from my old bike to the new one, but it's gonna be a few days before I can do that unfortunately. :sad3: Oh well. Alll good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
what'd you end up paying for the bike if you don't mind me asking?

That's the best looking color RR in my opinion, good buy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the support all! My frist mod? Probably new jacket/gloves/helmet for me and my wife.

After that, I gotta look at my finances, but I'm thinking rear seat cowl, frame sliders, flush-mount turn signals, maybe modulating head-light (not sure about this one). I think I'm actually gonna leave the rear fender on... i actually kinda like it - we'll see how everything goes.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
nice man, congrats. you scored.

·
Registered
137 Posts
congrats! wise choice

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!!! Thank you for being intelligent and making sure you are properly protected before riding. I was a proponent for gear when I got my bike, and I've only gotten more adamant about it since my wreck. I actually picked up my new gear today, so I'll be ready once the bike is back from the shop.

Ride safe, and enjoy your new toy! Make sure you keep those pictures around...a year down the road, you'll look back on them and fall in love with your bike all over again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts