Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah well just like the title says.....yesturday sucked arse...around 3:30 my friends suggests we go for a quick ride, so off we go, like a dumbass i grab my helmet and leave the jacket.....on the way back we decided to stop for gas...my friends 1000 drinks gas like its going out of style..so we took the nogales exit off of the 60 fwy (for all the west coast rides) and some how the back tire slid out from under me.....not to sure how but before i knew it there i go sliding towards the right curb.....my bike landed on top of me then rolled down the hill...god was with me cause all i got was a a sprained ankle and road rash on my left arm shoulder and on the bottom of my back....oh and a puncture wound on my left leg from the peg....dont know how bad the bike is but it was leaking oil and wont kick over.....im not to mechanical so not to sure how bad it is.......please guys even if your going to the corner store please please please wear your gear.......think of it like a condom....its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it ( alien vs preditor) and does anyone know what the insurance comp might say...

·
Registered
393 Posts
damn that sucks, how fast were you going? were you turning on a street or it happened when you were taking the exit? just trying to find out info so i be extra carefull... my jacket gets here on tuesday!....well hope you are ok and the bike is not that bad... no idea on what the insurance comp will say...

be safe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was taking the exit, i dont think i was going that fast...but who know i was in a low gear that for sure.....but yeah i think i slipped on the piant but cant say for....a couple who witnessed it said that is what it looked like...so who knows....

·
Registered
543 Posts
that sucks man. we gonna see pics ?? hope you get her back up and runnin soon.

·
Registered
310 Posts
glad to hear you're ok man!

I second the "wear your gear" even if it's a jaunt down the block because shite happens

june 1st at Road America I wasin the campground on my klr, figured 'what the hell, I'm in a campground, ahh screw the gear let's go check out the practices!' and I've been out of work since.
10mph crash, got whipped to the ground and pinned under the bike for a long enough distance

fractured skull
crushed throat
ground up left hand (all knuckles almost worn off)
dismembered left index finger
road rash bad on both arms and legs, bad
lost the flesh on the top of the left foot and 4 knuckles down there
massively sprained left ankle and mild on the right
dislocated right shoulder

couldn't walk for over a month and a half
took two months to use my left hand somewhat and my left index finger only bends half way so far after the reconstructive surgery and LOTS of p.t. and even more pain than you can imagine

wear your gear, all the time, every time. please

bro, if your bike has enough cosmetic damage and some marks on your swingarm they may just total it due to liabilty. that's what they did with my friend and his r6

totally fixeable bike but the place he took it to for an estimate marked down every thing to be new when fixed, down to the last bolt and nut and got it to be a totalled bike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another quick question.....if i got that route, with the insurance...will the whole gap coverage help out with the balance...i know ill be backwards but just wondering sine ive only had the bike for like 5 mts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
That's what gap coverage is for. Most people don't have gap coverage, but if you do then it will pay off your loan assuming the bike is worth less than you owe.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
how do you get gap on a bike. everywhere i have gone says they don't have it the dealership doesn't have it. i would like to get it cause it is well worth it. i have it on my car. dude you should be fine on the insurance in the endy you won't be upside down at all. gap is the bomb. your rates may go up though.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
good to hear your ok man. i hope you learned your lesson younge man lol.... gear,gear,gear

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
teleinfoncarr said:
good to hear your ok man. i hope you learned your lesson younge man lol.... gear,gear,gear
This is coming from a dude that only sports a baseball cap, wife beater, jeans and a pair Airwalks ! ! ! ! . . . . . hahahahahah j/k

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is coming from a dude that only sports a baseball cap, wife beater, jeans and a pair Airwalks ! ! ! ! . . . . . hahahahahah j/k
thats funny,,,,,so just curious what should i do....ive only had the bike for a couple of mts now...so i will be backwards and i have libability (sp?) only on the bike....my buddies dosent think its that bad...my biggest concern is the bike is leaking oil and wont start so im really concerned.....oh lord what to do???

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
first off how about some pics the guys have to see what is wrong with it first. you only have liability... ok... do you have gap? if you only have liabilty then more then likely you won't want to report it cause they won't help you.. i don't think. now if you have gap it may be a different story.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
pjochoa2006 said:
thats funny,,,,,so just curious what should i do....ive only had the bike for a couple of mts now...so i will be backwards and i have libability (sp?) only on the bike....my buddies dosent think its that bad...my biggest concern is the bike is leaking oil and wont start so im really concerned.....oh lord what to do???
OK . . .first off after you heel don't try starting it till you find out where's the oil is leaking from and how much is still there. It will run with SOME oil but don't get crazy. Also check ALL your wiring. Wires can easily be severed in a minor crash and you wouldn't know it. Everything else sounds more cosmetic without seeing pics. I hope this helps. Keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
finally got some pics together...i took off all the fairings and here she is...god i miss riding and its only been like 4 days

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here is where the oil is leaking from i know the pic is fuzzy but my camera sux...but its right under the stator cover (i think thats what its called)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts