Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have searched, and searched, and searched. I found a bunch of good info, but I have a question about this particular set. I haven't seen any reviews anywhere about "SpeedKing". I know Vortex is only about $100 more, but they don't offer this color from what I can tell. I have a red 04 RR, and I just happened to see this set on ebay. I wasnt even looking for any particular colors but I think this would look pretty sweet with the red/black color scheme the bike already has.

Has anyone used this brand, if so what are your thoughts. Does anyone know of a company that sells their rearsets in this color scheme? I don't know a whole lot about rearsets other than what I have read on this site, but the main reason I am looking for some is because I have a broken peg and I figured I could go ahead and upgrade the whole thing instead of going with just the CW's. Then I could adjust it to how I want it.

Thanks

Click on this for the ebay link

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats why I asked the question, I have no problem paying a little more for the Vortex, but I want to know if they are better. I am not prepared to spend the cash on Sato or Gilles though, but Vortex is not out of reach. I just figured the color scheme would look better with the speedking set but I don't want to be the test dummy.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well if you incorporate shipping, its $290... It all depends what you're looking for. I dont have experience with this particular brand but reviews on ebay crap in general have been great so far. Havent seen anyone say anything but fairings didnt fit. Is it as good as vortex? probably not. But normal street riding, it will fit and will function. If it doesn't fit, they take returns. Again, I dont have these but if I were in your shoes, I would order it. That color scheme is pretty awesome.... or if you like to play things safe, sell the bike. JK, but vortex comes in black which will blend in to the color scheme just as well.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Doesn't look like replacement parts are mentioned. I would make sure that replacement parts are available before purchasing. It would really suck to have a drop and bust the peg and have to buy a whole side because individual parts aren't available.
Vortex may cost more up front, but replacement parts are the same or less than OEM parts. EX: New replacement Vortex peg $20, New OEM Honda peg $40.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a good point about the replacement parts, I asked the seller about it and I'll post his reply. I might just end up going with the Vortex set and maybe seeing if I can find someone that does anodizing and get the colors I want anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a reply this morning about spare parts, and he says he sells the pegs replacements for 29 a pair. I think I might still go with a different set though..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Vortex would be cheaper overall if something did happen. Pegs are cheaper than that, and shipping isn't from overseas, meaning you won't have to wait 2 weeks. The extra flow up front would be justified IMO.
It may be more than a peg if something does happen. I lost my peg and the brake lever 10 days ago in a lowside at the track...just sayin'
Good luck, whatever you decide. That color is really nice.
Make sure to post here with a follow-up and pics when you do get something installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts