Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Yet another noob here...

2K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  CBR bRRat 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hi. :wave: I just bought an '06 600RR (red) last weekend. I probably won't get many days to ride it anytime soon but I couldn't wait any longer. I saw the bike, sat on it, cuddled with it, fell in love and had to take it home. It was the only red one left so I had to buy it before someone else did. I found this site while looking up bike accessories on Google so I started searching the forums on this site and found a lot of info, about everything. You guys definitely know your sh!t. Anyway, I have a bunch of questions about accessories but I guess that's a different forum. I do have one stupid question that I MUST have answered cause it's bugging me... is it pronounced 600 R-R or 600 double R?

Erik

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi! :hello: I love that you "cuddled" with your girl! lol Thought I was the only one that did that crap. lol As for the DoubleR or RR question, it depends. I call her a "RR". Ive been known to say "double R". I really don't think it makes a difference. Anyhoo, welcome!!

#6 ·
Welcome to the site. Found the site the same way and have been an addict since. Lots of helpful info and people on here. Use the "search" function cause it will save you some flaming and it really does work.

#13 ·
nhrr said:
Nice bike, is there a lot of riders in Van? I'm in Seattle.
Oh yeah, they're everywhere. I swear there's more every summer. Getting through this past summer sucked seeing all the riders everywhere and not having a bike. And now it's getting pretty cold. I still see a few out on the nice days. I can't wait until next spring though.

#17 ·
Excellent choice, you will love that bike forever! First, make sure you put your money towards gear before the mods or accessories. Get yourself a nice full face helmet, jacket with armor protection, pants with armor, riding boots, and leather gloves with knuckle protection. That list is just the minimum too! Then if you want to start modding think about frame sliders, spools, rear stand, Pazzo or CRG levers, etc. Happy riding. :icon_salu

#18 ·
James06CBR said:
Excellent choice, you will love that bike forever! First, make sure you put your money towards gear before the mods or accessories. Get yourself a nice full face helmet, jacket with armor protection, pants with armor, riding boots, and leather gloves with knuckle protection. That list is just the minimum too! Then if you want to start modding think about frame sliders, spools, rear stand, Pazzo or CRG levers, etc. Happy riding. :icon_salu
Already got a full face helmet, jacket with protection, and gloves with protection, and I'm asking for pants and boots for Christmas. I know that stuff definitely comes first, they drilled it into my head at the riding school I went to. I just bought the Shogun crash kit which has the spools, LP Aero flush mounts, Clear Alternatives tail light, and Zero Gravity DB windscreen, all smoked. Pazzo levers are next on the list along with a rear stand. But I don't know which rear stand to get. Any recommendations?

#19 ·
CBR bRRat said:
Already got a full face helmet, jacket with protection, and gloves with protection, and I'm asking for pants and boots for Christmas. I know that stuff definitely comes first, they drilled it into my head at the riding school I went to. I just bought the Shogun crash kit which has the spools, LP Aero flush mounts, Clear Alternatives tail light, and Zero Gravity DB windscreen, all smoked. Pazzo levers are next on the list along with a rear stand. But I don't know which rear stand to get. Any recommendations?
damn you got some nice mods coming up and welcome to the site!

#23 · (Edited)
RR- Repli-Racer

Welcome man! We should ride when i get home to WA state.

Checkered Flag Motorsports for the stands, front and rear package deal for a hundred bucks. Can't beat it.

Also, curious but what riding exp do u have?

#24 ·
Virgil said:
RR- Repli-Racer

Welcome man! We should ride when i get home to WA state.

Checkered Flag Motorsports for the stands, front and rear package deal for a hundred bucks. Can't beat it.

Also, curious but what riding exp do u have?
That's a question I don't want to answer because I know what some people will say, but it's gotta come out eventually. The riding school I took is the only experience I have, 10 hours theory, 10 hours parking lot, 10 hours on the road. The CBR is my first bike and I've only put 50 miles on it. So basically no experience. Now, I just want to say, I'm not an idiot, I know my limits and I know this bike exceeds them, by a lot. I'm very glad the dealer said there's a break-in period where I shouldn't exceed 6-7K rpm. Cause getting up to 40-50 mph shifting at 6K and only using part throttle is good enough for me right now. Next season is gonna be spent getting used to the bike, taking baby steps. If that means not being able to go on group rides cause I can't keep up then too bad, I'm not gonna rush myself. Maybe I'll keep up the following year. Or I'll just hang at the back and go at a pace comfortable for me. That being said, flamesuit on, go ahead.

#26 ·
I did the same when i bought mine in May; i didnt know any better and i fell in love with my bike when i saw it. I still have that mentality you have, dont lose it. Im still learning and i have 3000 miles on my bike, so take your time. Enjoy and congrats!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.