Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I had the full yosh put on, the pc3, and a bmc race air filter. no custom map just the on that came for the bike thru power commander.. problem is when I get on it rally hard and going thru the gears it back fires a little. what the **** guys? will a custom map solve my problem? thankz

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
mine backfires after a wheelie sometimes.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
cyclescientific said:
custom map should solve it... means youre running too rich I think.
Yes...map it and you'll be fine. You can also try another FS map and see if it fits your bike better until you can get it on the dyno. Any of the FS maps for your year model except the Euro maps.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Somethimes backfiring can be the meaning of cold air in the exhaust tube... which means, possible exhaust leaks. If you are using the map from the PC site it should be 80% close of a custom map.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I'd try a slip on map with that system, as it doesn't flow any better tyhanthe slip on anyway. A Sato full map for example, if they were garaunteed to be the same for each bike comparitively, would be way off for that Yosh system. But yes, it's the mapping. Get it mapped right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys.. now where can I get it mapped in Maryland...i live in southern MD around the waldorf area. there are harley shops here and that is about it. the few street bike shops don't have dyno's.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts