Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm really looking into getting this pipe, but I was just wondering if I could still use my stock fender w/ this slip on? I dont have a FE kit, and I finally saved up enough extra dough to get the pipe. I'm looking at the carbon end cap if it matters?

Thanks for the info in advance,

Brandon

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and does anyone have pics of the pipe on an 03/04?

I've tried searcing, but I havnt been around too long and the only way I know to tell the 03/04's from the 05/06's is how the windscreen meets the running light, and not many exhaust pics show the windscreen/running light.

Thanks again guys,

Brandon

·
Registered
157 Posts
yea u can use your stock fender with the rs-5.and u can also tell the 30,04 and 05,06 apart cuz the tail meets the tank side panels/covers different on each model

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
stupid big honkin fender

check mine out, i took off that big grey shield too, it leaves the wires exposed on the opposite side but they're pretty tight to the black frame... but i'm getting rid of that big fender soon!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
neight,

Thanks for the pic!
How crooked is the pipe? I know the 03/04's have some issues with that, but I like the fact that it doesnt stick out a butt-load out the back.

Thanks again for the pic,

Brandon

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at the fit out the back end its a good length, and it is a bit crooked i guess you could grind out the mounting bracket a little on one side but its kinda nice in a wabi-sabi way :) ... see for yourself.

and thats not smoke its just freezing out... but you gotta ride when you can in Pennsylvania, especially when you just installed your yoshi pipe :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn straight on the PA riding.....I'm about 10 mins from Carlisle PA, I took a nice ride on tuesday, and then we get like 8 inches of snow on friday, what crap!

You come down to the carlisle bike show?

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
when is that show? i might be spending the summer in seattle and riding all the way :) hehehehe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's in June or July sometime. Pretty big biker meet, alot of choppers and stuff, but a good bit of sport bike stuff too.

BTW, hope thats an old picture, either that, or you need to get your tags renewed LOL.

Brandon

·
Registered
321 Posts
ive got a s\s RS-5.... its fits perfect, same fenders in all

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
haha i just got the bike 2 weeks ago and thats the old plate,

Put up some pics when you get that pipe on!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dude I'd just make a FE outa some metal you can make it look nice and professional just need a metal half square shaped bracket.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at the fit out the back end its a good length, and it is a bit crooked i guess you could grind out the mounting bracket a little on one side but its kinda nice in a wabi-sabi way :) ... see for yourself.

and thats not smoke its just freezing out... but you gotta ride when you can in Pennsylvania, especially when you just installed your yoshi pipe :)
When did the RS-5 get a dual outlet. My RS-5 only has a single output....

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
i just made a cool fe kit with the stock fender. ill probably do a write up on it this weekend with pix. cost me $5 and doesnt look bad (in my opinion)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I dont understand while they charge $100+ for a few metal scraps

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here's the RS5 ss slip-on. Great sound, not like a bumblebee. I had the rear fender on, although hacked in half cuz it was too big. Took it off cuz I'm gonna get integrated taillights with signals built in. No reason to keep the rear fender, I'll just make a ghetto FE for the time being.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts