Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I've searched the forum and found plenty of DIY of slip-on installations, but couldn't find anything on just the muffler/bolt on swaps. I bought my recent 04 with the Yoshi RS5 Titanium and wanted the CF like i had on my old 04. Got lucky and found this on Ebay. I have an 04 Yoshi and this is an 05-06 can. The only difference between the 2 years is the mounting bracket and the angle of the midpipe connecting to the headers. As I wont be changing any of that, this should be an easy bolt on right? Wondering if anybody has done this before? or even just replaced the cans due to damage.

As always, thanks for the help & advice fellas. Glad to be back on 2 wheels after 10 Years!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
There is a matrix of compatibility between years and it's pretty hard to figure out, as you have to guess if the company changed part numbers because fitment is different or just for inventory/back end reasons.

I would say there's a very good to great chance the cans will just swap over; this would let Yoshi use the same can in many applications.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Man. That is what I'm hoping for, ill be attempting it this weekend, hoping it works!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sadly the 05-06 will not fit on the 2005. It’s was close but no cigar. Diameter on the 05-06 is about 1/4” smaller.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shorter length would not have been a problem, but the smaller diameter definitely made a difference. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Wild, what a weird change. Unless... it's possible one of these cans is from a full system, which is a little different than the slipon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEah, that's an excellent point. They don't even sell NEW full systems for this year anymore, just the slip on. I will just keep my current Titanium RS5 on it for now. I really want to get the Jardine Dual CF but it requires some mods as its also only for the 05-06.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't find a full Yoshimura set up for my 2008. 2009-2012 is everywhere but 08, I can't find. Have an idea anywhere I can find one? Or what the difference is from the full 08s compared to the 09-12 full systems. Mounting? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’d check Ebay, it’ll be your best bet. I think there will definitely be a difference between the 08 and 09-12.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I can't find a full Yoshimura set up for my 2008. 2009-2012 is everywhere but 08, I can't find. Have an idea anywhere I can find one? Or what the difference is from the full 08s compared to the 09-12 full systems. Mounting? Thanks

I *think* the only change was in the middle mount point (the first one on the tail after the can going towards the engine) being in a little different place, but I don't know for sure. It seems like generally 9-12 stuff fits on 7-8 okay

·
Registered
14 Posts
I *think* the only change was in the middle mount point (the first one on the tail after the can going towards the engine) being in a little different place, but I don't know for sure. It seems like generally 9-12 stuff fits on 7-8 okay

I wonder if I could take off the TOCE exhaust and just buy a Yoshimura rs5 CF slip on and mount it straight toy toce mid pipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts