Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is normal. I would order the lowering kit (or make one yourself) that TST sells. I installed it on my Yosh and it will give you about 2" of clearance, Clarence...

Helps other motorists see your brake light much better too...

ETA: I didn't pay attention that yours is a 2015 and the TST kit is for the '07-'12 models. However, I bet it would still work...it's just a couple of extension links...check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. That bolt took the longest time to install! Wish I would have thought about a lowering option before I put that bolt in! I like the look of it close to the tail. It does not block the taillight. Maybe some kind of flame proof insulator.

The slip-on seem to lineup pretty tight. Is there enough play to lower 2 inches?

It is normal. I would order the lowering kit (or make one yourself) that TST sells. I installed it on my Yosh and it will give you about 2" of clearance, Clarence...

Helps other motorists see your brake light much better too...

ETA: I didn't pay attention that yours is a 2015 and the TST kit is for the '07-'12 models. However, I bet it would still work...it's just a couple of extension links...check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thank you for the info. That bolt took the longest time to install! Wish I would have thought about a lowering option before I put that bolt in! I like the look of it close to the tail. It does not block the taillight. Maybe some kind of flame proof insulator.

The slip-on seem to lineup pretty tight. Is there enough play to lower 2 inches?

The bolt on my 07 wasn't too bad. Although I can see why yours could have been a PITA. With it that close...yeah, it would be a tedious fight.

The TST lowering kit will lower it at the can and the mid-pipe connection, so yes...you will have enough movement to clear 2"+.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowering at the mid pipe also is the key, thanks. I did not see that on TST'S site. That explains the three link setup.

The bolt on my 07 wasn't too bad. Although I can see why yours could have been a PITA. With it that close...yeah, it would be a tedious fight.

The TST lowering kit will lower it at the can and the mid-pipe connection, so yes...you will have enough movement to clear 2"+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts