Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yoshi RS 5 Installed (PICS)

Well I got my RS 5 Carbon with the carbon tip today and when I got home from work I started on the install. First I went over to a friends shop and Moded the Hanging bracket so that the pipe wouldn't hang so low. After this, went home and installed the pipe. Already had the bike apart so it was a 45 min install and reassemble. Started her up and I love the pipe. It hangs just as close as the stock pipe, doesn't stick out the back to far and the sound is unbelieveable. I read on here recently that someone said that this pipe sounded almost the same as stock, not even close. This pipe has a low pitched growl and it grow as you increase RPMs. It is loud but not to loud. I wanted to ride my bike all night. It is KICK A**. Thanks and Props to all at MRI I will be doing business with them again soon, I am sure. Now time to start saving for new Mar. Wheels. 1600 is alot but dang they look sweet and I am sure the perform as well.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
congrats man gotta love the sound of a honda and a yoshi.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well pics are up does anyone know who to put a sound clip on here. Do I have to upload it to another server and save a link to it??

·
Registered
131 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
well pics are up does anyone know who to put a sound clip on here. Do I have to upload it to another server and save a link to it??

For the sound clip, I think you have to put it on another server and past the link in the thread.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice Pipe, can't wait to get mine.

After modifying the bracket, did you need to apply alot of force to mount the exhaust with the modyfied bracket ?

In other thread they imply there isn't alot of stress applied to the pipe du to the modyfication. What yours input about that ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isn't any extra force put on the pipe, but it is harder to mount because there isn't as much room to put your hands up there to fasten the bolt, had to have a buddie help me. But if you are worried about crushing the can, trust me you won't. I cut the bracket back as far as I could go.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bracket is molded so that it can be closed as far as it can go with the hanger in the middle and it is the exact shape of the pipe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
im about to install a stainless rs5 and i was wondering if you guys think it would be ok to modify the bracket on a stainless slip on?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
flushed with very minimal gap....lookin very good mang.

now all you have to do is get that girl to lean over. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sick pipe man..... Id probably put a CA smoked integrated tailight in there If it were mine, id think that look pretty badass..........

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Congrats on the pipe. Told you you would get it fast! Regarding the wheels... if you have the patience and the SAVING POWER... get the BST CF Wheels for your bike. They are STOOPID LIGHT... and FAKIN AMAZING. I can lift the rear wheel with my pinkee. Call me if you are interested.

As an FYI... if you are going with Mar. Forged Alum. wheels in order to save weight... IMO... not worth it. The weight savings are negligable. The 600RR stock wheels are pretty damn light for stock wheels as compared to other wheels (except the BST CFs). You could use the money for a sprocket conversion or something that you could really benefit from. Just my opinion.

Enjoy the pipe.

Cheers... Nick - MRI

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again Nick, Really, I love the look of the Mar. and you are right those BST would take me a while to save up for. 4k is a bit much for a bike that doesn't get that much track usage. But regardless I have some other mods in mind, new levers, rearsets and such so I'll be in touch..

·
Registered
338 Posts
so i take it there isn't a heat problem with modifying the mounting bracket, i figured it would melt the tailight. Anyway i also love my carbon rs5, MRI got it to me in no time!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pdogg01 said:
so i take it there isn't a heat problem with modifying the mounting bracket, i figured it would melt the tailight. Anyway i also love my carbon rs5, MRI got it to me in no time!!
Actually that pipe doesn't gennerate that much heat at all. After a 45min ride and the engine at full temp I can put my hand flat on the exhaust and it isn't hot enough to burn me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts